4

The Queen watched as the Scourge walking out from the arena. I didn't expect such attitude from a gladiator. He's rather soft for a fighter. The Count also jumped into the arena. "My Queen, I assumed that my fighter has caught your interest."

She opened her mouth but close it eventually. Doubt to answer but her heart somehow longing to know more about the big man. "Yes.." a single word came out.

"Oh! Beautiful! I can take you to him. He's mine, after all." After that, the Count walked before the Queen. They passed the deep dungeon below the Coloseum. In the dungeon, there're cells that contains inmates from many kind of crimes. One cells filled with several inmates that was shouting at the Count, but there's one cell that only filled with only one person. It was The Scourge's cell. "He's too dangerous so we need to separate him from the others." The Count explained.

The reek of blood was thick when they first enter the dungeon. However, in the area around the Scourge's cell, that smell somehow vanished, turned into a smell of earthly myrrh. The smell calmed the Queen's heart. As she stepped closer to the cell, she could see the doctors were tending his wounds.

"Usually I'm not tending any fighters in here.. but since he's my champion, he got the privilege." The Count talked proudly about himself.

"Oh.." The Queen answered shortly towards the Count. Her attention shifted back to the wounded fighter that's now sitting on his bed in the cell. Chains were attached to his neck again. She tapped his shoulder, asking for his attention. "How do you feel now?"

The Fighter flinched at her touch. His orbs widened before he turned away from her gaze. "Nothing." He muttered. Red shade colored his ears, showing embarrassment that he felt.

Seeing his reaction, The Queen only chuckled. "I hope you'll get better soon." She said.

"Don't worry, my Queen! I'll make sure that he's in a great condition in his next battle- OH!" The Count cut his own words. Something came into his mind. "I think the people of Vesuvia would like to see him in a bad condition instead! It must be fun to see him struggle in the fight. So if he win in the end, it's going to be an epic comeback."

The Queen only looked at the Count with a 'what the hell' look. She didn't know that his words were hurting the beast that now shadowing behind the Queen. In a split seconds, strong arms were strangling the neck of the Queen. Green orbs were glowing in rage towards the royals. The Queen gasped as her back now touched the chest of the fighter. "Say that again and I'm gonna break her neck!" His tone was low but menacing.

The Count started to panic. If his champion killed the Queen, it will result war with her beloved Amartharians. A war with no chance of winning, to be exact. "Guards!" The Count called for backups. Men with fancy armors marched there. "Save the Queen'" He commanded. As the guards approached slowly, the Scourge's grip was also getting stronger on her.

"What do you want, Scourge??" The Count said.

"Freedom. In exchange for her life." He answered while watching every move of the guards.

In this chaos, the Queen tried to pull his hands away from her neck that's in need for more air. But she caught something just from the touch. It's doubt. His hand were trembling slightly. Too fade for normal eyes to see.

She changed her plan. She used her other free hand to caress the Scourge's palm. Whispering in her breath, she said "I will.. free you..".

Her words loosen up his grip on her neck. One of the guard saw this as an opportunity and yanked the chains that connected to his neck. The Scourge growled in shock and he let go of the Queen immediately. His focus now changed towards the guard that pulled his chains. The other guards now pointed their spear towards him, threatened him to stop.

"My Queen, are you alright??" The Countess approached the Queen that just fell on her knees. She helped her got back on her knees and cleaned her beautiful dress from the dust. The Queen nodded and replied with a reassuring smile. The worried in the Countess' eyes were clear, I hope this accident won't be the start of war between our countries.

"SCOURGE! HOW DARE YOU THREATENED OUR QUEEN!" The Count went furious. One of the guard handed him a leather whip. The Scourge knew what's going to happen to him. "You'll put all of us in a great danger!" The Count swung the whip as many times as he could. Tearing the Fighter's skin little by little, until blood made its way down his skin just like sweat.

"Hey! Stop it! That's enough!" The Queen paused the Count's movement.

The Count turned in confusion. "But, my Queen.. He needs to get punished.."

"I believe he has learnt his lesson. Besides, I'm totally against something like this!" The Queen raised her voice. Silence covered the environment. The Count has no other option than to follow her command and drop his whip. All of the guards were backed off after seeing their Count. Of course he act like that! You have taken his freedom, you stupid Count!

"I apologize for what just happened, My Queen." The Count bowed before her. He hide his embarrassment and lowered his pride.

"Apology accepted." Her smile went back to her lips. She tapped on the Count'a shoulder and signed him to lifted up his head.

"I'm gonna atone our mistake by make the rest of your days in Vesuvia far more amazing, My Queen." The Count reached for her hand and gave a peck on its back. "Oh! How about we view the beach! I'm sure a fresh air from the sea will lightened up your heart, since Amartha is far from the sea, right?"

"That's.. a good idea.." The Queen hesitantly answered. The Count then escorted her to the exit door, but she constantly looking back. Her heart doesn't want to leave that dungeon.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸