We were both in 4th year college in other words, we are graduating this year and we are still supporting each other despite our imperfections.

Now, I am on my way in the garden beside the library. The garden is like a flower with eight petals when you see it in aerial view. There's a fountain in the center and benches in every so-called petals of a flower. 

I made a big smile when I saw my best friend waiting for me. 

"LIYA!" I called then she slowly turned her head on me. 

"ANNAAAAAA!!!" There she is. The loud voice of her. I made a face-palm on her. 

"Can you please lower down your voice?" 

She chuckled, "Sorry! I just missed you," and I looked at her cute face. She's waiting for my answer. 

"Of course! I missed you too." 

Her eyes widened and a wide smile showed on her face then she quickly wrapped her soft and fluffy body on mine.

"So, what's the news?" I asked while she's still hugging me. 

She slowly let go of my body, then invited me to sit on the bench.

"I have already lost 5 kilos of weight!!" she said seriously.

I blinked for how many times then I tried to process what she said. Suddenly, I laughed so hard and I could not stop myself from laughing.

I looked at her while still laughing, "That was so unexpected! Good for you, Bessy!" 

Her eyebrows raised and her cheeks started to look reddish. She looked at me in serious look. 

"I HATE YOU! WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING LIKE THAT!" 

I calm myself and try not to laugh again but...

"HAHAHAHAH! I'M JUST CAN'T BELIEVE IT, LIYA!" 

"HEH! YOU WILL NEVER HAVE A BOYFRIEND IF YOU CONTINUE TO LAUGH AT ME!" she warned. 

I suddenly stop and calm myself from laughing.

I sighed and said, "It's okay. It's not my loss, Bessy!" 

She rolled her eyes, "As if! I'm telling you this, you can't stop loving someone when you already gave your heart to him… " then she seriously looked at me and continued to say, "Love will always find ways even through the agony."

I formed a smile on my face, "That's what I love from you. Your words of wisdom. I missed you," I said then I placed my hands on her body. 

"Alright! That's the news!" she laughed and said again, "I need to go. I have my class already."

"Sure! Bye, Bessy!" Then she waved her hand and slowly turned her back and made a step away from me.

I looked at my silver watch and I realized that I also have class right now. I hurried myself to go to our classroom. 

******

Time flew so fast like how all my subjects today ended quickly. I decided to stay for a while in the library to check an email and to refresh my precious mind. 

The library was huge because it is a two-storey and air-conditioned building. On the first floor, you can see that the white and yellow tables with two chairs are put on every side and corner of the library. The shelves are in the center and are arranged like an eight-petals flower. Unique right? Same with the upstairs. 

My eyes were looking around to see if there's an extra table for myself only. Sparkling eyes showed on my face when I saw an extra table on the corner upstairs. I quickly ran so that no one would get it. 

I put my medium-size shoulder bag on the chair then the fiction and academic books on the table. I also bring out my grayish laptop. 

I sat and opened my laptop to check if there is an email from the publishing company. I sent my manuscript three months ago but they still have not given me their confirmation.

Suddenly, I screamed silently because I could see an email on the screen of my laptop. I took a deep breath before I opened it. 

My heart was beating so fast. This is it! I turned my eyes on the screen and slowly read what was written on the email. 

"Ms. Ramirez,

          Good day! This is from Rolex Publishing House and we are sadly to inform you that your manuscript was rejected by the evaluator and manager. Below are their feedback and suggestions to improve your story. We're very sorry. We are hoping that you can submit again. Continue writing! Godbless!

Sincerely,
Rolex Publishing House." 

I slowly closed my laptop. I froze for a moment and my eyes is not blinking. I could not still process what I've read. Is that true? Can someone slap me right now?

I slapped my face to know if that is real and unfortunately, that is real! They rejected my manuscript! Why?! 

It feels like I was poured by hot-boiling water. I've waited for three months then I just got rejected? Why is life so unfair!? Am I not a good writer?!

I positioned my hands and head on the table and started to cry silently for a couple of minutes because I could not take this heavy feeling in my chest then eventually I fell asleep.

*****

"Miss?" I heard someone calling and patting my shoulder. 

"Hmmm?" I lazily said because my head was still on the table and I still did not open my eyes.

"The library will close in a bit," he said. 

I leaned my back on the chair and slowly opened my eyes, "Uhm, sorry! I did not notice the time." 

I took a look at him. Him? Yeah. A man who is taller than me with light brown skin, who has medium-size swept hair, dark brown eyes, pinky red lips, and a firm-musculine body, was standing in front of me. He looked familiar with me. I guess I've seen him before. 

Wait! Am I fantasizing him? I gulped and shook my head. 

"Are you okay, Miss?" he asked worriedly.

For a moment, my real self came back. Maybe I was just still sleepy. 

I looked at him again and our eyes met. Those fascinating eyes were very familiar. 

My eyes widened when I realized who he was. OH MY GOSH! THIS CAN'T BE! MY HEART!! 

I KNOW HIM! I CAN STILL REMEMBER HIS NAME! 

"YEXEL!!"

~~~~~

Copyright ©️ 2020 by: Miss Queeniiee