Chapter 8 Mila (Ma) / Elena

when your child grows and you have created a safe and good environment for them to walk. don't expect it to always be that way. the day I lost my husband I lost my daughter. she saw it, watched it, and felt it. I swear she could. her face was pure. her body trembled with disbelief. we kept a lot of the club business away from her. so she could grow but one mistake one bad choice caused her to go another path one I never created.

It all started small the sneaking out. the little stunts she would pull with the boys. disappearing for days and not coming home. straight away I assumed she was rebelling. straight away I thought she was with the other mc kids. truth be told I was wrapped up I'm own grief. years I felt the sting the guilt of not being a parent when it mattered most. her brothers took over and they had other things on their plate as well. we just assumed she was okay. until she wasn't. started of she was stealing then betraying the brothers then friends then the club. when things went down the way they did we just signed her over. let the professionals handle it. my boys told me I did the right thing. she needed 24 hr care and none of us could do it. not the way she needed it. hurt was something of a emotion I felt hearing she knocked back seeing zane and I. no reason but just declined. none of us was on her list of people not even acid. a week she lasted 1 week then she was signed out by another party and we never seen or heard from her.

The second I open the door. that second I saw her face her beautiful face. the one that filled out. her body had the curves I remember her once having. she was like a poster girl. she was perfection. she is perfection in my eyes. I couldn't breath was like it was.it felt like days went by as I looked at her. her words pulled me back in to reality like she knew I was shocked. she held me like she would before everything went down. all I could think was I have to feed my baby girl. I know right stupid but that's a mommas way. we think of their health and wellbeing.

we sat and she told me everything. handed me her chip as proof like looking at her wouldn't be enough. hearing she had her own business helping the government with her hacking skills impressed me. she even had this little certificate to say she did. she was afraid we wouldn't believe her. she was afraid she would have to have this proof with family. at the moment she could tell me she is dating a unicorn and I would be proud.

When everything went down I promised myself I would be there this time. I would be strong for all of us. but seeing her with dean who looked like her father killed me. then seeing her go blow to blow hurt me, him taunting her. her in protection mod. her defending her brother over being gay. she had a back bone something she never had. or she did and I failed as a parent and never saw it. when she vomited. all I wanted to-do was run over yell and protect her but I couldn't anna was right if I am not strong enough to let her get through the pain so she can heal then I should walk away. it hurt I was going to kick her out but kaidens words stopped me. "clubs fault mum we did this. this time" he says broken that a club girl would do this. someone would do this to our family. I walked of. I walked into my room and cried. I cant be the mother I need to be. I cant be there and watch her go through hell with out putting her health at risk because right now I want to coddle her until she was okay. that isn't what they need. to help her I need to be like her father. I need to be the rock and not budge. I watched as acid picked her body up from the ground and place her in my truck as they drove away taking her to kaidens who is closer to the club but far away from the town. would be a better choice even if I could look after her. I will I have to I have to be the women I was before I lost cain.

Elaine P.O.V

I' m running through the alley way looking over my shoulder as I hear the screams. as I hear the screams the screams is all I hear until they stop. why did they stop. do I keep moving. do I look over my shoulder. I slide a little on the blood beneath me. falling to my knees. seeing so much blood. I look over to see daddy. he is laying and whispering but I cant hear what he is whispering as the screams start again getting louder and louder. he reaches for me but no matter how much I lean forward and try to slide my self over to him through the blood and noise I cant get to him. he is so close whispering to me. so close I hear him but yet so far away. no one around to help me. except my self all different versions of my self. all different ages. all saying things I can hear. I hold my bloody dripping hands over my ears to try concentrate. why cant I concentrate on my daddy he needs me I cant help him. he want me to know something. he needs me and I cant do anything. I am weak and he needs me.

"she is dreaming acid stop" I hear someone say in the distance.

"she is screaming for her father" he says louder with pain

then I feel myself go under again.

K no please k. I plead as he throws me over his shoulders. you done it now pretty girl. no no no please daddy is coming home and I just got my dress on. I say screaming and giggling as he holds me over the edge of the pool. a glint in his eyes. you sure princess. yes yes ill help please k I love u. I plead making devon laugh his head of in the corner near the bbq. your weak kaid she has you under her spell. he says as I hear daddy pull up on his bike. DADDY I yell running around the corner to see him have his arms out while I run around the porches edge waiting on him to catch me. "raven blue" he coos making me smile like he just told me he bought me a pony.

"how is she" devon ask

"still in and out but we got it" anna says

"she can hear you know" she says then its silence

"baby girl. I am so fucking sorry so fucking sorry, we failed you in so many ways" devon says so softly before I am sending my self back into the black hole that awaits me as my skin burns and itches.