HALDI

Zoya was in her room getting ready for her Haldi. She was wearing yellow designer kurta with matching sharara and cream white dupatta. Zoya set her dupatta around her neck finalising her look. She had kept her makeup light and simple.

Zoya looks at her face in the handheld mirror. Dark circles had smudged the delicate skin beneath her eyes. It was the outcome of lack of proper sleep. Last night she fell asleep on the floor crying remembering their first night.

"Zoya bete, ready nhi hui aap abhi tk?", Roshnaq asked entering the room. She was holding a basket in her hand.

"Bas 2 minute Ammi", Zoya replied.

"Niche Aditya ki Haldi shuru bhi ho gyi h aur Anjana ji kb se aapke baare mein puch rhi h", Roshnaq told her keeping the basket on the bed.

"Yeh kya laayi h aap Ammi?", Zoya asked pointing at the basket.

"Iss mein aapke liye phoolon ke gehne h. Aap yahan baithiye hum pehna dete h", Roshnaq commanded.

Zoya quietly obeyed & sat on the bed. Roshnaq tied the sunflower maang tikka on her forehead followed by the rest of the flower jewellery. Zoya saw a smile on her Ammi's face as she adorned her daughter with the flower ornaments. She was happy as well as emotional at the same time for her daughter.

Roshnaq placed her palms on Zoya's cheeks and asked, "Aap khush h na Zoya?". When Zoya smiled in answer, she kissed her forehead.

Their little moment was disturbed by a knock on the door. "Khaala aapko aur Zoya appi ko Khaalu bula rhe h", a young girl in her late teens called standing at the door.

"Noor aap unse kahiye hum bas abhi aa rhe h", Roshnaq told her & she left.

~~~~~~~~~~

Today Siddiqui Mansion was draped in yellow spreading the positive vibes. There was something special about the house today. The energy and radiance of the Haldi Ceremony can be felt around the house. Guests had already started arriving dressed in yellow giving the pure haldi vibes. And this excitement was evident in the back yard of the Siddiqui Mansion where the groom was surrounded by his cousins who were having fun in pulling his leg.

Trapped between them, there he was looking as bright & charming as ever. He was giving Lord Krishna's vibes in his yellow kurta & silk golden-yellow dhoti. His face was lit up matching with his kurta and the sun over head.

 His face was lit up matching with his kurta and the sun over head