PAIN

Zoya climbed the flight of stairs while Aditya followed her.  He was a step behind, so was facing her back. Even her back appeared to be so attractive. Soon they reached the first landing and Zoya took a turn right and started walking. Aditya too followed but was still a step behind as he felt little nervous.

Zoya stopped right next to the first door that came causing Aditya to stop right a step behind her. Feeling nervous herself, Zoya gathered some courage and turned.

"This is your room", she told him in a formal tone, without looking at him directly in his eyes.

She unlocked the door for him. Zoya then stepped inside the room and switched on the lights as the room was dark because of being at the corner of the house.

Aditya entered the room and took a look around. There was a familiar vibe and a connection he felt so strongly. He had been in this house before when was a kid. Though he hardly remember it but still he was able to feel that connection.

The room was well set-up with modern interior & was equipped with all the things one may need kept at their right place. He felt like it was specially made for him as it felt familiar.

Aditya turned to thank Zoya but she had already left. He smiled thinking of how nervous she made him in their first meeting itself and closed the door.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Sahir beta darwaza kholo. Sahir!", Alvira again shouted.

She was knocking the door since an hour but there was no response from him. Sahir had locked himself inside his room and hadn't stepped out since he get back from Zoya's office.

Sahir has never done this before even when he was very upset. He always talks to his Ammi and shares everything with her. Even when he fight with Zoya, he always come straight to her. But this time he was behaving different which was bothering her even more.

"Sahir beta, agar tumhare aur Zoya ke beech kuch hua h to tum apni Ammi ko bata skte ho", she told him in concerned voice. But again no reply came from his side and now she got really worried.

Alvira somehow broke the lock of the door and entered the room only to receive the shock of her life as her feet goes numb at the horrible sight in front of her. She stood frozen at her place as her son was lying unconscious on the floor.

Alvira ran to Sahir crying, fearing she might have lost him. There were pieces of broken mirror on the floor. Blood was dripping from his left wrist. Sahir had cut his left wrist from one of the broken pieces of mirror which he was hold in his other hand. The piece too had blood on it.

"Sahir! Yeh tumne kya kiya?!", she patted his cheeks while crying.

Alvira put his head on her lap and held his bleeding wrist in her hand. The cuts were deep which made Sahir lose a lot of blood. She noticed the cut on Sahir's hand was engraved into to form a name - ZOYA.

"Am...Ammi...Z...Zo...Zoya", Sahir uttered the last words in the unconscious state before becoming still. His hand in Alvira's hand loosened the grip & fell to the floor. His face fell to one side as if he had no more life left.

~~~~~~~~~~

Zoya reached her room & closed the door. She didn't move an inch and stood at her place only with her back resting to the door. She started taking deep breaths and  supporting her chest with one hand.

Everything was happening so fast. It was too much to intake all at once. The decision was already made but she was still struggling somewhere between her heart and her mind. Though she has broken all the ties with Sahir but deep inside she knew that her heart still belongs to him. She can never love anyone the same way she does Sahir. Zoya placed her hand on her heart which started beating even faster after hearing his name. That was his effect and the importance he held in her life.

Zoya closed her eyes and took a long breathe trying to calm her thoughts. She opened her eyes and made her mind for the final time before moving inside the room.

Zoya filled a glass of water and  drank it in one gulp. She sat on the bed feeling relieved and much more calmed. That's when she noticed her phone was lighting indicating a notification. She picked the phone from the bedside table only to find 10 missed calls from Mona. She was about to dial back when the landline in her room started ringing.

Zoya picked the call and Mona's voice came from the other end.

"Hello! Zoya mam?", Mona said.

"Mona humne abhi dekhe aapke missed calls. Itne saare missed calls! Koi urgent kaam tha?", Zoya asked in a low voice.

"Yes mam, woh Sahir sir", Mona spoke in a tensed voice.

Zoya recognised it & immediately reacted, "Sahir kya Mona?", Zoya asked as her voice strained.

"Sahir sir ne suicide attempt kia h. Aur unki condition bahut critical h", Mona broke the harsh news.

Zoya felt the ground slipping under her feet. The receiver of the landline fell from her hand as a teardrop rolled by her cheek. Once that first tear broke free, the rest followed in an unbroken stream.

She wasn't able to believe what she just heard. But she knew that this could be true because she knows Sahir so well. How could she be so stupid? It was stupid of her to leave him crying that day in office. She should have handled the situation with more caution. She should have explained him and gave their relationship a better closure. He deserved an explanation atleast.

But she choses to leave him and this is the result of her decision. She hated herself for doing that to him. She betrayed him when everyone else already had. It was her fault and only she was to be blamed. Because of her he took such a drastic step. She left him broken & alone when she knew she was the only source of light in his life. He found it so difficult to live without her that he decided to end his life. She was definitely at fault for all of this, or so she thought.

Anxiety started taking over Zoya. She felt like someone had choked her and she wasn't able to speak. 

"Hello? Zoya mam? Are you there?", Mona said when she didn't heard Zoya for long.

Zoya came back in her senses and picked up the fallen reciever. "Hume hospital ka address chahiye, abhi",  she commanded, and cut the call.

Without a second thought, Zoya picked her bag and stormed out of the room. She raced down the stairs and rushed towards the main door. Her way was clear as there was no in the living room when she passed by. She got to the door and reached out for the knob of the door when a strong pair of arms stopped her.

**********

Hello people! Did the chapter make you upset? But for whom, Sahir or Zoya?

Drop your comments and tell me what did you liked or not liked in today's update.

Please vote, support and show your love to the story!

Love :)