7 | ruin me

"Guys, I got the job!" Keira yelled as soon as she entered the house, looking beautiful as ever in her dress pants and a crop top with a grey SixS signature jacket on her.

"You serious?" I asked dumbfounded at the news. Getting into SixS's team of designers was a pretty big deal.

"No I was joking," she deadpanned, "Of course I'm serious!"

"That's my girl!" I cheered and stood up, "It's a party night, people!" I yelled at the top of my lungs and went over the kitchen and shook the bottle of coke and opened it spraying it all over the living room.

"Tony! Get your ass out here!" I yelled, while Keira just laughed.

"Don't you dare mess the living room up!" He yelled from the training area.

"Oops, I already did!" I retorted, "Don't say a word. It's time to celebrate, Keira just got her dream job!"

"I knew you could do it," His scowl turned into a proud smile as he walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her as an affectionate gesture. The way they were with each other, I would be mistaken that they were in love with each other if I didn't know that Keira doesn't swing to that team.

I laughed and connected my party playlist to the home theatre speakers and turned the volume not caring about anyone else. Keira has been working so to get in the officially listed designers of SixS, one of the biggest clothing brand of the NYC. And my personal favorite. And that's saying something because I take my fashion very seriously, and I always find ways to look classy and fashionable while feeling all comfy.

Keira submitted her designs a week ago, the day after she moved in. Today, a week later, she received a call from the brand and asking for an interview. It was huge. And just as I knew, she nailed it. She can proudly tell now that she is a professional fashion designer.

I was happy for her. I really was. After all those hardcore things she has been through, I am glad to be by her side and support her. She comes from a very religious and strict family and finding out she preferred girls, you could only imagine how that went down.

Maybe it was one of the things that played part in her breakdown. I still don't know what happened that last month in Brooklyn that she started cutting, but I'm happy that she's in a better place now.

"You what I need?" I sang loudly, "I need a freak,"

They both looked at me as if I was crazy.

"Tone it down, it's nine already!" Keira scolded but I could see the playful going in her eyes. She was the wild one, and I could only see how much she wanted to let go. She was never the one to hold it back when it comes to letting it go and enjoy.

"Do I look like I care?" I said, "Come on, it's an occasion. Losen up and move with the beat people!" I cheered

That was all they needed to forget it and show their dance moves. We were laughing and dancing ridiculously making fun of ourselves. We would sing along loudly and point at each and dance.

Keira couldn't dance to save her life. She was awful at dancing. But what I loved about her was that she didn't care about that. She would forget it all and dance away because she is enjoying it.

I and Tony are gifted, and I think that's genetic too because as far as I know, all my family can dance, and we are way too good at it not even trying. Perks of being a Gujarati Indian. It was in our blood. Just like it was in the blood of Latinas to have killer moves too.

Tony, that cocky brother that he was, challenged me that I couldn't do a certain move or couldn't dance as well as him. So there we were, challenging each other and showing off our dance moves trying to beat the other.