6 | relaxed and tense

"Make yourselves home. I'll go and bring the books," I said and rushed upstairs and grabbed both of the books, I looked for my laptop but it wasn't in my room.

I went straight to the kitchen and there it was my laptop on the counter. No surprise there. I picked it up and joined Levi and Dayna in the living room.

"So, here we have Wuthering Heights and To Kill a Mockingbird," I said placing them on the table and sat on the floor facing them leaning against the couch.

Dayna was quite uncomfortable. She was tense and said very less. Levi instead, was sprawled on the couch as if he owned it. Of course, that was Levi we were talking about. And he looked so damn hot, to be honest.

"Dayna, relax. It's just us," I assured her

"You never told us you were rich," she whispered as if she raised her voice, it would break something.

"Does it make any difference? I am still me," I said

"No," she shook her head, and then picked To kill a Mockingbird.

"Okay, for starters, how would you prefer to present the final project as? PowerPoint or thesis?" She asked scribbling in her notebook.

"Thesis," I and Levi said it at the same time. There is no way I am going to work on a PPT and present it to the teacher. Better to write it down in all detail and bam, teacher, now you do your work.

"Thesis it is, then," she wrote

We distributed the work and started working on it. Two hours passed and I started to get restless. Not only because of staying at one place for such a long time, but also because I was hungry. I'm always hungry but whatever.

"Aren't you guys hungry?" I asked, "I'll fix something real quick,"

"What time is it?" Dayna checked her phone and widened her eyes, "Guys it's ten-thirty already. I got to go," she said wrapping up.

"At least stay for the dinner," I said standing up.

"I would love to, but I may o may not get in trouble if I stayed past eleven," she smiled, "I'll see you tomorrow,"

I nodded as she left. That left me and Levi alone. Not that it was any problem, but I don't know, it kind of felt different. Like the air between us changed immediately as Dayna stepped out of the door.

Blame my hormones. Not me. And the fact that I haven't got laid in like more than four months. And I am so attracted to Levi. Like way too much. I never once wanted to pounce on a guy, but this tattooed cold heart guy? He makes me want to rip all his clothes and jump on him.

I swear to god something's wrong with me. Or him. He can't be that handsome and act like it's nothing.

"You staying?" I asked even though I knew the answer as I walked to the kitchen.

"Yup. Let's just finish this so tomorrow all we need to do is put everything in the right order," he said

"Point," I said as I checked the fridge to see what can I make real quick, "Hey, do you like black beans?"

"I don't care what it is as long as there's no meat," he replied nonchalantly.

"Are you vegetarian?" I asked

"No. I just don't eat meat at night," he said

Oh, wow. That's different.

I prepared a quick black bean vegan soup. It was easy and quick, I didn't take that long. Before I knew, I was serving the soup in the bowls and walked back to the living room.