girl crush [ sixty ]

"thank you for your good work!" both jungkook and i exclaimed to the producer who helped us finish our collab.

as they all went away, he gave me a high five which made me grin. jungkook and i have gotten closer since the collab, and to be honest? he was such a good friend. there never was a dull moment when we were both recording for the collab.

as i was walking him out of the sm building, our laughter echoing throughout the halls, we came across taeyong. when our eyes met, he pursed his lips before cutely raising his brows. i grinned, raising my hand to wave at him. he tilted his head to the side, leaning against the wall with his arms folded across his chest so i got what he meant.

"talk later," he mouthed, so i nodded.

as jungkook and i walked out of the building, i was surprised when he pointed something out. we were waiting for the van to pick him up from the parking.

he turned his face towards me, smiling before spitting the words i was almost scared of.

"you and taeyong seem really close, huh? he's dating you? lucky," he said, making me blink rapidly and gape at him.

"yah, we're friends," i lied, chuckling to cover it.

taeyong and i agreed to keep it a secret, because we were looking for the perfect timing to reveal it to the public. after all, the only ones who know that we were already in a relationship were the both of us. although red velvet really thinks there's something between us, as well as azes.

"really close friends, then," jungkook teased, which made me laugh and hit his arm playfully.

"you really think so? do you want me to really close your mouth?" i joked, so he laughed along with me.

"fine, fine, fine. if you say so. but if anything, i'd be the first to guess you were dating," said jungkook, so i t was really great timing that his van finally arrived.

"that's your ride, isn't it?" i shifted the conversation, but i saw the little smirk across his lips before he nodded.

"yeah, thanks. bye!" he said, so i nodded and waved at him.

as he went inside the van, i turned my head away and sighed. that was close. after the van finally disappeared out of my sight, i went back inside the building.

i was surprised, however, when taeyong appeared by the door so we both chuckled. he ruffled my hair, making me smile up at him.

"sent him off?" he asked, and i nodded. "you still haven't told me why he comes here."

chuckling, i shook my head. you'll know soon, taeyong.

"tomorrow," i said, and he sighed before nodding.

"okay, fine. um, wanna go for a coffee break? you'll start filming for your music video later, right?" he said, and i nodded.

"i actually started a few days ago, we'll finish it up later. i have a few other things on my plate later, though. i have a collab with red velvet," i said, making him smile and nod.

"you actually don't look like you're tired and all, what's your secret, baby?" he asked, making me blush at the nickname. i almost saw a smirk plastering itself across his lips.

"me? hm... i just don't stress myself over the workload much. if there's something i can do, for example, on the ride to the building, i can write lyrics on my phone. or, if i'm bored at night, i can write songs and compose with my guitar even though i still don't need to write songs. so, when time comes and i need to work or compose a song for my album, i already have my songs. just revising and recording and stuff." i explained, and he raised his brows.

"that's actually quite effective, since i heard sm lets you keep your own style through your music. they let you do your own thing, even lets you choose your own concept and such," he replied, so i smiled at him and nodded.

"yeah, and i'm really thankful for that because i don't have to force myself in a concept that i don't think i'll fit in," i answered, smiling softly.

i'm really thankful for sm. i've heard a lot of people saying that the company is not as good as it seems, but so far, sm is treating me so well. i think i can be an artist who has freedom over her music because of how sm lets me do things on my own.

but, i'm even more thankful to taeyong for all these things. if taeyong didn't help me come back up when i stumbled, i probably won't be here. i may not show it much, but i really am thankful towards him. i feel so lucky that he stuck by my side.

"so... coffee?" he asked, making us both chuckle before i nodded.

"taemin said you used to come to him when you were sad during your trainee years in sm," said taeyong, then sipped his coffee.

i blinked rapidly, chuckling at the memory. i suddenly remember the moments i did. it was one of my fondest memories.

"yeah, i used to. whenever training was too hard, i would look for him and cry my heart out. i started training at such a young age, and i guess he watched me grow up before i went to yg and all." i explained, making him slowly nod.

"you were there even before me, right? you started a year after johnny?" taeyong asked, and i nodded.

"you sure do know a lot," i answered, chuckling.

"you know, i used to see you with johnny before, too. but we never really talked back then, right? and i was surprised one day you left sm," he said, so i shrugged.

"before red velvet could debut, yes," i replied, smiling sadly.

i almost gave up back then, too. but i'm happy to tell the old me that i made it, that here i am now in my dream.

"i'm still glad i met you," he said, in which i was taken aback.

"i am, too," i answered, relaxing and smiling at him.

"i actually wanted to give you this, that's why i asked you out earlier," he muttered, sliding something towards me.

i widened my eyes, seeing that it was a necklace. it wasn't just a simple necklace, though. it was a cartier love necklace!

"tae!" i said, making him grin before showing me that he was wearing one as well. "you didn't have to spend so much on me."

"but i wanted to," he replied, leaning forwards. "don't you like it?"

"i love it! thank you so much," i smiled, which made a wide smile to appear to his lips. "can you put it on for me?"

"of course."

my heart started pounding against my chest, my smile unable to be wiped off of my face. months ago, if you told me i'd end up with taeyong, i probably would have laughed at your face. i didn't expect things to turn out this way. but did i regret? no, and i probably never will.

i wonder what the fans would say when they find out about us? would they accept it? i hope so.