girl crush [ fifteen ]

after waiting for probably ten minutes, vernon just decided to show up. it was fifteen minutes after lisa and i stopped with our song for today, and i told vernon i wanted to meet up and tell him something which was the collaboration thingy. i was guessing that maybe he's gonna take the offer, because he always did take my requests and favor in a second.

covering his face with a mask and wearing the hood of his hoodie, he finally approached me and sat down in front of me in a coffee shop. i really love coffee shops, and no one can stop me loving them. really.

"so, hey, sooji. it's safe to say that i um, missed you, right?" he said, and i laughed. he chuckled, looking away, so i spoke.

"yeah, because i missed you too. you are doing so good with your life, really, you're getting busier," i said, and he laughed bashfully.

"but you know i always can make time for you, duh. anyway, what was it that you wanted to talk to me about?" he asked, and i grinned at him before tapping my fingers on the table.

i breathed in deeply as he waited for me to speak. i was suddenly shy to ask him if he wanted to collaborate with me. what if he's really busy. right? it would be really really embarrassing to ask. but screw it, i'm gonna ask him anyway.

"i wanted to know if you would like to collaborate with me on a song in my mini album. like, while i was thinking about asking people for collaborations, you came to my mind as my top three, so, yeah," i said, and he dropped his jaw. "what?"

he then laughed and i wasn't sure why. i tilted my head to the side, and then he grinned at me as he nodded.

"that's great, of course i want to collaborate with you," he said, making me grin as well.

"so, yeah. i am also in need of coffee because i still have a schedule after this. i have a schedule until one in the morning, it's so exhausting," i said, and he furrowed his brows.

"that's hard. why don't you spread your schedule to other days and do different things everyday?" he asked, and i shook my head.

"because even if i do that, it would have been the same. i have a lot to do, you see. but since our group's already almost finished with our comeback album, i had to focus on my solo album. don't tell others about it first, though. and i also knew that the girls will already have individual schedules so we won't be able to spend much time together," i said, and he slowly nodded.

"i guess. tough schedule indeed. anyway, what do you want? latte? coffee? cake?" he asked, and i smiled.

"coffee. you know what i like. i'd want a cake but i guess that it would be too much for tonight. i'll pay you back once you get back here," i said, and he nodded before standing up and ordering for the both of us.

as he went away, i started fidgeting with my fingers. i was nervous, but the reason wasn't because of my future or my schedule or my career, but because of why i thought of vernon as someone who could pass as a... crush. i tried shaking my thoughts away but they just wouldn't go.

by only seeing him now after a long time, my heart pounded when he talked to me and i didn't even know why. it didn't happen before!

i started thinking, what was there to like about him? i mean, his hair is so soft, his smile is so heart warming and his voice is a killer too. he is so laid back that it makes its way to my heart as i think about it. oh my god. i really shouldn't think about him like this. we are friends. friends.

damn, i really wanted to give dahyun a call. she would know what to do when it comes to this. she always do when it comes to me.

"sooji. the food, is here," i was snapped back to reality when vernon himself chuckled as he shoved my coffee gently towards me.

"o-oh, yeah," i said, and he gave me a smile before sitting down. "thanks."

"also, don't worry about paying me back. it's on me." he said, and i widened my eyes.

"jinjja? yah, why are you so good to me all of a sudden?" i asked, and he laughed.

"wae? i'm always good to you. don't you remember what i told you before when i asked you if you had a boyfriend?" he asked, and i could feel my cheeks flush.

the first month after we met, vernon did ask me if i had a boyfriend and of course i said no. i mean, I wasn't allowed to. it was earlier in our career so i really wasn't supposed to have a boyfriend.

that day, we were also in this coffee shop. after my answer, i asked him if he had a girlfriend and he shook his head no. i thought it ended there, but he spoke saying that until he has a girlfriend, he would spoil me with food and such. when i asked him why, he told me that he just wanted to know what it felt like to have a girlfriend. it was still unclear to me why he wanted to do that, though.

"o-oh, nae. yah, why not do it to seungkwan?" i asked, and he laughed making me chuckle.

"why did he suddenly pop out of the conversation?" he asked, and i chuckled.

"I don't know, he just did. anyway, what do you think shall we write about?" i asked, as i took out a notebook and a pen.

he then pursed his lips as he looked around the cafe, eyes turning meaningful.

i was wondering what he was thinking of, but it turned out that he was trying to think of a plot with the people inside. i grinned, looking at two people in a table for two.

"they look like a couple right? but they aren't. but the guy surely likes the girl. his body language says so. but he doesn't get why the girl doesn't know it yet even if it was pretty obvious," vernon whispered, as he leaned closer to me but his head was turned to the two.

i blinked rapidly, surprised by his observation. he then chuckled, as he sat down properly.

"it's good to write about that. about how the girl was blind with how the guy actually likes her. we can spice the song out," he grinned, making me think a bit. i thought for a few seconds, before grinning at him and nodding.

"i think it could be interesting if the girl also liked the guy, but he was also blind to the fact that she also likes him. the song could be like a conversation. what do you think?" i asked, grinning, and he laughed.

"yeah, that's great. many people can also relate to that, you know?" he said.

i gulped. why does it feel like he meant something else? i shook the thought away, and then smiled at him before nodding.