girl crush [ ten ]

it was lunch time and since it was my group that i spent the last minutes of my schedule with, we decided to eat together at the cafeteria.

we were doing so great before minsoo had to open a topic about something i wasn't really comfortable with talking about. i mean, it's not her fault that it was happening, and i was sure that it was my fault, anyway. but there was nothing wrong with it.

aina and the rest of the girls almost choked, and to be honest, i would have reacted the same way, too.

"sooji, so tell me, did you really think i wouldn't know?" said minsoo, and i was about to speak up but she cut me off, "are you dating eunwoo?"

jaemin fake coughed, and i almost wanted to throw my spoon at her for making the atmosphere feel tenser than it already is. but she was still my unnie so I didn't. hanbyun whistled, and i gave her a glance but she just chuckled. aina, however, gave me a look as if asking if i lied to them.

what made them think that i was dating a guy that i just properly met yesterday?

"i'm not," i said, stopping my eating. i heard minsoo sigh, and then she looked at me as if i was lying.

"are you sure you aren't?" said minsoo, and i closed my eyes and breathed in and out deeply.

"i swear. excuse me," i said, and then stood up without finishing my food.

i was hurt that she wasn't even believing me, although it might seem petty. i know this was something that seems small, but i really felt sad that even if i told her the truth, she would rather believe something that she was just suspecting about.

i continued walking away, going to the practice room where donghyuk and i are supposed to meet up. it was another schedule with the choreography with him. not that i was complaining. i really wasn't feeling in the mood to talk to my unnies right now.

upon reaching the door, i saw donghyuk just about to get inside too, so i gave him a small smile and went inside with him. he closed the door behind me, and then went to the speakers to set the music up. i was just standing on the same spot as i watched him, out of my mind.

"is something bothering you?" he asked, and i shook my head.

"not really," i said, and he furrowed his brows but nodded.

"sounds fake but, kay," he said, causing me to raise my brows in surprise.

"is it really that noticeable?" i asked, and he chuckled as he nodded.

"yeah," he said, and i shrugged.

"just forget about it, let's practice and make new moves," i said, and he sighed.

"fine," he said, and so we started practicing and improving the choreos.

"SOOJI-AH!" i heard someone scream, as they made their way inside the practice room donghyuk and i are in.

both donghyuk and i turned our heads to the door, seeing junhoe grabbing the door knob like it was something that could save him from death. he looked like he ran a marathon.

donghyuk and i looked at each other, and then shrugged. i looked at junhoe again, and he smiled at me. he raised his brows up and down at donghyuk and i, making me look at him weirdly.

"your time's up, dongdong! sooji is mine for now," junhoe said, and i instantly looked at my wristwatch to see that he was indeed right. it was our schedule.

"oh. right. yeah. i guess i'd see you two around," said donghyuk, nodding as junhoe grabbed my wrist gently.

i was surprised, but i brushed it off. i waved at donghyuk goodbye, since junhoe started dragging me away anyway before i could do anything.

once we were out of the practice room, junhoe smirked, leading me out of the building which surprised me. i wanted to ask him, but he just continued dragging me so i let him be.

"you might be wondering why i dragged you out," said junhoe, and i nodded. so he realized it, aye?

"so you realized," i joked, and he chuckled.

"yeah. i dragged you out because we won't be able to carry out our schedule properly if we continue being inside the building. what's our schedule? hanging out. we should be eating pizza or something-"

"junhoe, hold up. you said pizza?" i asked, and he grinned as he nodded at me. "oh god, don't ever leave me alone, koo junhoe. you're gonna be my pizza buddy now."

"i accept that," he said, smiling.

without saying anything, i dragged him to the nearest pizza parlour i knew around here, which was just a block away. he didn't protest, and i was glad about that. he didn't have a say about it anyway, because it was oizza we were talking about.

i sighed, remembering the girls. i used to drag them here before, and i suddenly felt guilty about walking out earlier. junhoe opened the door, so we both got inside and sat on a booth. a waiter waited for us to order, and junhoe decided what to eat because he said it was his treat anyway.

"would that be all, sir?" asked the waiter, and junhoe nodded.

after the waiter walked away, junhoe looked at me with his head tilted, and then he started talking. i was surprised at the words that made its way out of his lips, but i pretended i wasn't.

"so, ceo yang talked to me saying about exposure. he wanted azes and ikon to hang out publicly. but no dating," said junhoe, straightforwardly, and i nodded.

"he told me about that, too," i said, and he pouted.

"but the thing here is that he told me that it was only supposed to be the two of us, since it would be fitting for our schedules. the members can hang out with each other's members too, but ceo yang said that we should be noticed by the public. that's crazy and insane," he said, and i raised my brows.

i thought he said all azes and ikon? why all of a sudden just junhoe and i?

"is that real? like, i could imagine ceo yang saying that, so it's most probably true but is it?" i asked, and he laughed.

"yep. which means you cannot get away from me, hehe," he said, chuckling. i laughed at his antics, but i also noticed that his smile didn't reach his eyes.

silence filled the two of us, but none of us wanted to break it because it wasn't uncomfortable anyway. just in between.

with my guilt eating me up, i decided to message minsoo unnie and apologize about what happened earlier.

to; minsoo appa
unnie? i'm sorry about earlier. i just didn't like it that you didn't believe me when i was telling you the truth. but eunwoo and I haven't even talked since that call, so you are free from worries. i'm really sorry, and please say that to the other girls, too. i love you, azes, yeongwonhi.

i sent the message, and in a few seconds, i felt my phone vibrate signalling a reply from her.

from; minsoo appa
don't worry about it anymore, sooji. i believe you now. I was just scared that you'd get into dating when we still have a dating ban. we love you, too. you're growing up.

"yah, sooji-ah, why are you crying?" asked junhoe, and i was surprised. i widened my eyes, when i felt tears down my cheeks.

"o-oh. aniya, it's nothing," i said, and he shook his head.

"liar," he said, pouting as he ate a slice. i just realized that there was food in front of us so i was about to get a slice when junhoe stopped me. "tell me what's wrong first."

"aish, jinjja? i'm hungry," i said, groaning, but he just nodded. "fine. my members and i had a misunderstanding earlier before i practiced with donghyuk. and i was just happy that we are now on good terms. it was something petty anyway, my fault,"

"aigoo, crybaby sooji. you look so innocent," he said, cooing, but i pouted and raised my fork as if hitting him causing him to try to dodge.

"yah, say that again," i said, but he just laughed as he shook his head.

"evil maknae, indeed,"