girl crush [ twenty nine ]

"okay, girls. so, four of you are currently focusing on your solo albums, and that's left sooji with nothing but shows to do after getting back from her hiatus, so we are here to talk about your plans for the next three months," said the ceo, and all five of us gulped and then nodded.

getting back was something that i didn't know would be this hard. it was like i was starting from the bottom once again. our schedule, well, it was pretty much scattered and all over the place and... unorganized.

i know we aren't the only yg artists experiencing this, but it's starting to sink into me. we have to survive in this entertainment, with this kind of situation.

looking at us all one by one, the ceo cleared his throat. he then placed his eyes last on aina unnie, with her being our leader.

"aina, as the leader, what do you think would be better for this situation?" asked the ceo, making us all look at our precious leader.

she then looked as if she was being placed on a hot seat, making us all probably secretly grimace.

"i think... we shall finish our solo activities as fast as we could so that we can perform as a group like before...?" said aina unnie, and ceo slowly nodded.

"do you girls agree?" he asked, making us all five look at each other before answering. we all nodded, until ceo cleared his throat and then looked at all five of us once again.

why was he looking at us as if he was trying to think of what else he should do to us? it's not like we're sinking, right? we are actually just starting to rise up.

"but that's not what we're gonna do. we're gonna have to make your solo albums be perfected, even if it takes more time. everyone is gonna have to focus on solo activities for the next three months. the four of you are to focus on solo albums, and sooji? we have good news," said ceo, making me furrow my brows.

"w-what is it, ceo?" i asked, and then he gave me a smile.

"you have been handpicked to work as the lead actress on a new drama to be filmed later this month. we have already agreed for you to do this, so your schedule for the next few months are gonna be packed. your male lead will be fantagio's cha eunwoo," said ceo, making me widen my eyes and then drop my jaw.

eunwoo?! oh my god. how am i going to deal with this? besides, a lot of fans ship us, but i was thinking about donghyuk. i know he might get jealous, so i have to tell him, first. after all, that night happened to be when both donghyuk and i talked it out and decided to keep things real because it was certainly what we both wanted anyway.

as minsoo unnie got inside our dorm and told us to get a room, i decided to drag donghyuk to the abandoned park where i always go whenever i sneak out late at night. since i wasn't allowed to use my board, we both walked.

as we were walking and staring at the beauty of the stars shining down on us, something that donghyuk said woke me up to the reality of everything.

"you know i have my eyes set on you and only you, right? and somehow, i feel like you might feel the same way. tell me you do, and i promise we'll make it all real and not fake, and i'll make every moment with you memorable," said donghyuk, making me stop in my tracks.

noticing that i stopped, he stopped walking as well. i couldn't help the quick pace of my heart, as every moment i had with him flashed in my mind. i couldn't imagine my life without him, somehow, and the thought of him doing everything he does to me to any other girl than me makes my heart sting.

does that mean that i feel the same way? does that mean that i do love donghyuk the same way he loves me? of all people who actually deserves him, why would he pick me?

"you know, i used to say that my ideal type was a noona who had a lot of charms. but when i laid eyes on you, i knew by then that i changed my type. seeing you the first time wasn't when we had to collaborate. i had my eyes on you even when we're both still rookies. it was a couple of years ago, but i had this thought that maybe if i introduced myself, you'd just feel awkward. besides, you had vernon by your side that time. and felix. and sanha. i didn't know if you'd like me back-"

"shut up, donghyuk. i've been dying to tell you this. i set my eyes on you, too, and i wished that maybe it wasn't all fake. can we not fake it now and just act real from now on?" i said, and the sight in front of me was something i'd treasure my whole life.

it was of donghyuk smiling as if he achieved the biggest gift he could ever receive his whole life. and so, under the stars, our hearts started beating as one.

i didn't notice that i was smiling the whole time i was remembering that moment, until ceo cleared his throat.

"o-oh, i'm sorry," i said, and he nodded.

"as i was saying, you are to pair with cha eunwoo, for he is also handpicked for the drama. the drama is expected to have ratings skyrocketing because of the pairing. please work harder than usual. this is your acting debut. you have a meeting with the staff of the drama tomorrow at 7:30 am. girls, dismissed," said ceo, and i blinked rapidly as i processed the information up in my head.

i'm gonna start acting!

"and i'm sure you want to tell donghyuk yourself so i didn't tell him." said ceo, before i could fully get out of the office. i gave the ceo a smile, and he gave me one back that looks that of a father's.

somehow, he felt like he was a father to me most times.

■■■■
author's note
okay but holy shit, thank you for 3k readssss! i didn't expect this story to actually reach at least 500 reads, so i am really thankful for everyone who keeps reading and supporting the story. i love y'all!