girl crush [ thirty one ]

"you're what?" asked donghyuk, and i sighed before repeating what i said.

"i'll be working on a drama with eunwoo. ceo said. i was handpicked and he was, too. i just wanted to inform you." i said, and then he blinked rapidly before leaning forwards.

it looked as if he was trying to choose which reaction he'd show, and i could get him, to be honest. if he told me he'd be on a drama with another idol being shipped to him, i would be jealous.

"cha eunwoo? astro's cha eunwoo?" he asked, and i nodded.

"yes. that one. you're fine by it, right?" i asked, and then he paused for a few seconds before giving me a smile and nodding slowly.

"i have no say in it anyway. just do your best, okay, sooji? i don't want you to reject the offer just because i would be jealous," he explained, and i smiled before giving him a hug.

"thank you for understanding," i said, and then i felt him tapping my arm.

"i gotta go, though. hanbin might be looking for me now," he replied, and i pulled away before nodding.

i watched as he walked away, my eyes slowly being heavy lidded. was there something that he wasn't telling me about?

why do i feel like i did something bad? as the door finally closed, i sighed and then stared at the ceiling. what would be the best way to take away this uneasy feeling?

"sooji, you're a mess," i said to myself, covering my face with my hands.

"good morning, sooji-ah! i'm glad it's you! it's my dream!" said eunwoo, as he and i crossed paths on the way to the meeting.

only seeing him now after a while, i grinned at him and then waved. he chuckled and then ruffled my hair, making me glare up at him.

"you know you can't do that or i'll break your arm, right?" i said, and then he grimaced before walking backwards with his hands raised in surrender. "just kidding, minion. it's been a while."

"yeah, it's been. is... donghyuk treating you well? since you guys have been dating for half a year now... is he treating you right?" asked eunwoo, and i gave him a small smile.

"yeah, i guess. he is," i answered, and then he narrowed his eyes before leaning forwards to me.

"does he greet you every morning and night? does he check on you every free time he can do? does he remind you every day that you are beautiful in every way, in his eyes? does he remind you how much he loves you every day?" eunwoo asked continuously, and i was trying to catch up to each question he gave me.

does he?

well, some of it, he does. i know i'm not in the place to ask for more because i know that we are idols and we have hectic schedules. but we're on the same company. sometimes everything still feels scripted. whether i'd like to admit it or not.

i also feel like i wasn't giving him the love that he deserved. it was as if i didn't love him as much as he loved me.

"sooji? are you still here?" asked eunwoo, waving his hand in front of me, making me smile sadly at him before nodding.

"you idiot. we're gonna run late if you keep messing around and asking questions like that. let's just make it faster," i replied, and then he snickered before nodding.

once we got in the conference room, both eunwoo and i were told to sit on the seats beside each other and between our managers. there were plenty other people, and i was guessing that this was the part when they will discuss with us what our parts will be.

"cha eunwoo, choi sooji, thank you for accepting our offer in this drama. it is expected to set ratings skyrocketing with the main pair bein the two of you. let's get to business and discuss your roles and the plot," said one of the people sitting there that i guessed was the director.

"no, thank you for choosing us," both eunwoo and i said, bowing.

"so, the title of the drama is... my boyfriend is an idol. basically, it will revolve around how eunwoo is an idol and sooji, you're a fan which will then become his girlfriend. you role, eunwoo, is an idol who is snobbish and has a cold personality which is the opposite of how he acts in front of the fans and camera. sooji is a super fan but has never been to any concert. she wasn't as lucky as the other fans who get to meet their idol. but somehow, her encounter with him was as epic as it can be. we will send the script to your companies, and i hope you attend script reading tomorrow," said the director, smiling at everyone. "we will start filming the day after tomorrow, or the day after that. we got everything planned out already so you need not to worry."

eunwoo and i looked at each other, grinning. it was a good plot. i can't wait for filming to start!

"meeting dismissed. thank you for everyone's time!" said the director, and we stood up to bow at everyone.

when we started walking out of the conference room, eunwoo walked closer to me and then started talking.

"i bet you have plans with donghyuk today?" asked eunwoo, and i furrowed my brows before shaking my head.

"no, actually, we haven't talked about today. he's probably busy," i said, and eunwoo furrowed his brows at me before shrugging.

"but mingyu asked me to invite junhoe because junhoe said they had a day off for today. how come?" eunwoo asked, and i blinked rapidly.

really?

"he's probably gonna rest-"

"he still should have told you. why didn't he?" he said. "at least a single message saying he's free or he's gonna rest for today. can't even invite you for lunch even only at his dorm?"

when his manager finally came and told him that he was wandering off too much, he waved me goodbye and i did the same.

on our way out of the building, i couldn't help but think about what eunwoo told me earlier.

how can we keep this up? why is eunwoo making me realize these things?