nine. geralt's p.o.v.

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I thought you'd look good in it."

"Meaning you just wanted to see me in what you wanted." Jamie gave him a harsh shove, which he returned with one as well.

"You're going to make a scene." Jaskier hissed her way, "Isn't that the total opposite of what you wanted?"

Geralt had been the calm one in this all, he expected Jamie to think rationally about what she was doing but her nerves were getting the best of her. He sighed slightly and surveyed the room, no one had noticed her yet. Or if they have, they were not currently looking at her.

"Alright..." Jaskier says slowly as he gets the two of them to look at him, "So stick close to me, look mean and pretend your mute. Can't have anyone finding out who you actually are. And... Jamie, just look pretty."

"That's so damn sexist, plus, Geralt has white hair. It's obvious he-"

A voice that Geralt hadn't heard in a long time called out to him, holding up a jug of ale, "Geralt of Rivia, the mighty Witcher!"

"Oh, shit."

Geralt let out another sigh, he never wanted to be here and now there stood Mousesack. A man he didn't think he'd ever see again, but something else he noticed was that Jamie stepped closer to him. As if to hide, but all he could feel was how warm she was.

"I have seen you since the plague."

"Good times, Mousesack."

Jamie choked from beside him, "Mouse-what?"

Geralt felt himself get irritated when Mousesack looked back at Jamie, seeing the eyes of desire appear on Mousesack, "Ah, how did a man with such a sour complexion procure such a ravishing young woman?" His hand took hers, and his lips brushed her knuckles with a kiss, "It's a pleasure to meet you."

Never before had Geralt seen Jamie get flustered like this, not even with him. And to say he didn't enjoy it was saying it lightly. "Uh... N-Nice to meet you. I'm Jamie."

"Jamie-" Mousesack flirted effortlessly, giving her a dashing smile, "A lovely name for an even lovelier woman. I was afraid this would be a dull affair but now the White Wolf and his Golden Girl is here, perhaps all is not lost." Mousesack finally stopped giving all of his attention to Jamie and looked at Geralt, "Why is it she's dressed like royalty and you like a sad silk trader?"

Geralt, of course, turned around and gave the dirtiest look to Jaskier for choosing his attire. But more so for the attire he chose for Jamie, because despite the fact that he highly enjoyed her in it, he did not like the other men enjoying it.

"What?"

Mousesack looked back at the bard and then to the two, "Walk with me."

"So Mousesack!" Some man yelled out while cheering his ale in the air, making a group of men follow his lead.

"Yeah!"

Mousesack laughed heartily as he drank from his own cup of ale, "I've been advising the Skelligen crown for years. A tad rough around the edges, but they're of the earth." His eyes fell on Jamie, "Like me."

Geralt smirked as he threw a quick comeback his way, "Old and crusty."

Which prompted Jamie to smile, which made Geralt realize that Mousesack didn't exactly have anything over her. And the fact that she had covered her mouth to cover it only made his smirk deepen.

"How long before this horse trading is done? I find royalty best taken in... small doses."

Mousesack looked between the pair, noticing the eagerness they had to get an answer, "I wouldn't count on leaving before dawn."