ten. geralt's p.o.v.

So, as you guys have noticed the beginning gifs correspond with their matching chapters. But I have decided to change this one, which was originally Geralt fighting to Jamie. Since this is what Geralt is seeing.

As Geralt walked to sit with Queen Calanthe he watched Jaskier tug at Jamie's arm, pulling her with him so she sat beside him

As Geralt walked to sit with Queen Calanthe he watched Jaskier tug at Jamie's arm, pulling her with him so she sat beside him. One single thing that Geralt felt grateful to have Jaskier around.

"Damn this cursed thing." Came Queen Calanthe's displeased voice as she pressed her palm against her stomach. Most likely referring to the corset hidden under her dress, "I'd soon see this night out in armor."

"As would I." Geralt agrees, his eyes never leaving Jaskier bugs Jamie.

"Are you pouting?"

Geralt could hear their conversation, he wanted to focus in on them but Calanthe would much rather continue their own conversation.

"Indeed. Tell me, how does a witcher find himself at my daughter's wedding feast dressed like a..." Calanthe began to laugh to herself.

"I'm protecting the bard from vengeful royal cuckolds."

"Because you got into an argument with Geralt."

Geralt knew that Calanthe had spoken but his focus shifted to Jamie and Jaskier.

"I'm not pouting." Her voice was slow, her body;s posture adjusting which cause the coat on her shoulders to slide down a bit, but she corrected it, "I'm just... confused."

"I have no doubt blood will spill here tonight."

"Ah, save the good Queen's breath. I'm not for hire as a bodyguard."

Calanthe rose a brow to the witcher, "You were hired just so by the bard."

"I'm helping the idiot free of his coin?"

"And he's the idiot?" Calanthe shoots back at him, "I'm simply saying, surely if all goes to hell here tonight, I can count on you to strategically remove certain irritants that may prevent themselves? I'd do so myself, only I'm bound to uphold an artifice of decorum and... fairness."

"Hey. I can't help you."

"So perilously direct." Calanthe was far amused by him, and Geralt could tell, "As Queen, I could command it."

"If I were one of your subjects."

"I could torture you so very slowly into compliance."

"Her Majesty will do as she wishes." Geralt responded slowly, "I'm not for turning."

"Oh, come now. Everyone has their price."

Jaskier's voice was slightly louder now, which caused Geralt's attention. "You must be so young and blind. He is most definitely not mad at you particularly. Should be more mad at me than you to be completely honest."