two.

"What is that thing?"

"A kikimora."

That didn't exactly answer her question. Jamie bit down on her lip, tumbling in the forest due to how badly she felt out of place. "Okay... Uh, what-what's your name then?"

"Geralt."

"I'm Jamie."

"Hm."

"Uh... Do you have an explanation to how I got here?"

Geralt halted in his steps and looked down at her and inhaled deeply, "I don't know."

"Where am I?"

"In a forest."

Jamie scowled and continued to follow behind him after he picked up his pace, "Wow, I couldn't tell. I meant... like... where am I?"

"Forest connecting to Blaviken."

"Is that where you are headed to? Blaviken?" Jamie didn't recognize the name, she didn't know what to do but she felt safer being with this complete stranger than being by herself.

"We are headed to. You're following me."

"Right..." She mumbled, rubbing up and down her arm, What are you doing with that... kikimora?"

"Doesn't matter to you."

"I'm just curious." She whispers, peering over at his horse, "Does he have a name?"

"Roach."

"Like the bug?" Her face scrunched up as she recalled the bugs that were in her house when her family first moved in. They were disgusting bugs that she would smush whenever she could. "Why?"

"Because."

"You're not one for conversation, aren't you?" Jamie hummed a little bit, not entirely wanting to say it directly to him. Much more to herself. "What are you going to do when we get to this place?"

"Find someone to help you and be on my way."

Jamie frowned. She didn't like the sound of that at all but didn't say anything. She had actually gotten silent and didn't speak at all. Not even when they walked into town. He had his hood on from his cloak, making her feel a little naked. So she tugged the hood up from her hoodie, tugging at the strings to close it up as much as she could.

Walking in behind him, the sound of music playing made her feel a little better. But the second people noticed them, or much rather Geralt, it soon grew silent. Jamie looked around at the people, realizing that they were all staring at him. And they looked normal. After a while, Jamie noticed that Geralt's eyes weren't pitch black but were golden. And had actual pupils.

She looked like the people in this... tavern. Granted, she was wearing jeans, a shirt, and a hoodie. And her bright red converse contrasted all the dark clothes. Not paying attention, Jamie bumped into Geralt's back, "Sorry..."