eleven. geralt's p.o.v.

Geralt felt like Jamie had disconnected with him somehow since the banquet

Geralt felt like Jamie had disconnected with him somehow since the banquet. That she was not always there when they interacted with one another. Like she had pulled herself away from him emotionally. He'd see what he remembers as Jamie, but then it would instantly disappear. And that just seemed to upset him even further because he did not like this change.

And he knew she was partially upset at him because he forced her to stop coming with him when he was hunting monsters. Geralt simply did it for her benefit but also for his own because he did not know how drastic her magic was. She could injure him or herself out there and he would much prefer anything but that. He also had so many problems he had to deal with. Geralt was not getting much sleep anymore. His mind would waiver to his child surprise and then back to Jamie.

And then he even had to keep himself from touching her. Which was getting even harder as the years passed. Jamie was already developed, she was already a woman when he met her. Even if he didn't see it at first. But now that he noticed it was hard to stop. And what made it worse was that he noticed how other men would look at her as well.

And he was letting out all of his frustration with the fact that he wanted some sleep. He never felt so tired and so incredibly horny at the same time. So he was searching for a way to relieve it that didn't involve Jamie.

"It's been a few years Geralt." Jamie's voice tore into his train of thought as he threw a net into the murky river. She rarely spoke to him about his own personal matters so for her to suddenly ask after so long actually startled him. Startled him enough to look at her. She stood across from him. Her hair was down and in a mess like she hadn't had a lot of sleep either. His eyes followed her hands as she rubbed her eyes. Drawing his attention to her lips as she yawned. "Are you still going to tell me you're doing this because you want sleep?"

Geralt was almost irritated that Jamie was able to see right through him, of course he wanted sleep, but she saw that there was something deeper to this. "What else would I be doing this?" He hadn't meant to snap but he did, turning back to focus on his task at hand, "For fucking fun?"

She heard the sound of her sigh and then a heaping sound. Geralt knew by this sound that she had sat down. "I guess not?"

Geralt dropped his arms to his sides, hearing the defeat in her voice. He shut his eyes and got angry at himself. After all he had wanted Jamie to talk to him and be herself; yet, here he was basically telling her to fuck off. "I'm just tired, Jamie, don't think anything of it."

"I know." Her voice didn't convince him though. He turned slightly to look at her, she had sunk further down against the ground. Geralt knew what she had been doing as well, she was also not sleeping well. And he knew this was because of him. Her way of worrying for him silently was something he truly loved about her, but the fact that she was also worsening her own health also made him hate this about her.

Geralt shut his eyes and faced the water again, blowing air from his mouth. He was the reason Jamie was feeling this way and acting different, he knew it. Yet, he didn't know exactly what it was. Her lack of her usual optimism was truly urking him. Her lack of smiles was also urking him in a different way.