two. geralt's p.o.v.

Geralt wasn't facing the girl but knew she was practically behind him

Geralt wasn't facing the girl but knew she was practically behind him. And just as he went to say something to her. She bumbled out a question, "What is that thing?"

With a side glance to Roach, he answered, "A kikimora."

Silence followed shortly, which soon caused Geralt to glance over at the girl. Wondering what she was currently thinking, or why she was still willingly following him.

"Okay..." Her voice was soft and a little confused, "Uh, what-what's your name then?"

There was a beat as he decided if he would answer, "Geralt."

"I'm Jamie."

"Hm." Geralt hums, she had said it with so much happiness as if she was happy that she was covered in water and meeting someone new. She was too bright for his comfort.

"Uh..." Jamie brought her hand up to her mouth, biting on her lips as she thought of what she wanted to ask, "Do you have an explanation to how I got here?"

Geralt stopped completely and stared down at her, she looked like a little girl staring up at him like that. But the biting of her lip aged her in his eyes slightly. Clearing his throat, "I don't know."

"Where am I?"

"In a forest."

Watching as her expression dropped into a deep scowl made Geralt shift where he stood but he just turned around and continued his pace, "Wow, I couldn't tell. I meant... like... where am I?"

With a long sigh, Geralt gave her a more detailed answer, "Forest connecting to Blaviken."

"Is that where you are headed to?" Jamie asks, almost skipping as she tried to keep up with him. Which made Geralt slow his walking so she wouldn't stumble behind him, "Blaviken?"

"We are headed to." He pressed on his first word, not facing her despite wanting to look, "You're following me."

"Right..." Her voice was small, "What are you doing with that... kikimora?"

Geralt finally looked down at her with a deepened scowl, "Doesn't matter to you."

"I'm just curious." Jamie caught him looking down at her this time and sent him a small smile, before looking his his horse,"Does he have a name?"

Choosing not to correct her on the sex of his horse, "Roach."

"Like the bug?" Jamie's voice completely shifted as if she was imagining the bugs now, "Why?"

"Because."

Jamie pursed her lips out as she started to walk directly at his side, her voice was quiet, "You're not one for conversation, aren't you?" Her voice rose, "What are you doing to do when we get to this place?"

"Find someone to help you and be on my way."

Geralt felt her entire mood practically change after his words. With a quick glance to her, he saw that she was now just staring ahead of her. Had he hurt her feelings in some way? It wasn't his job to watch her as if she was his child, or his problem. So he had every right to want to rid himself of her, but he didn't like it.