year two: fool and fraud

Začít od začátku

Ron cut him off in fury. "You're a fraud! You're taking credit for what loads of wizards have done!"

"Boy, boys, boys." the professor started to say. "There was work involved, I had to track down these people and ask them exactly what they did. It's not all book signings and publicity photos. You want fame, you have to be prepared for a long, hard slog."

"Is there anything you can do, other than be a worthless excuse of a wizard?" Hope shot back.

Gilderoy Lockhart began to grin. "Yes, now that you mention it. I'm rather gifted with Memory Charms. Otherwise, you see, all those wizards would've gone blabbing and I'd never have sold another book. I'm afraid I'll have to do the same to all of you."

As the professor went to lift his wand, Hope was quicker, with a flick of her wand, he flew back and his wand left his hand.

Harry picked it up and Hope laughed. "Idiot, you should have known, I'm talented in dueling. You know my family, and their past." fear clouded his eyes before she just smiled. "Though, I'm not to that level yet."

Ron held Gilderoy Lockhart's arm as they walked to Moaning Myrtle's bathroom

Ron held Gilderoy Lockhart's arm as they walked to Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. The floor was once again flooded and the four of them walked straight into water.

"Who's there?" called out Myrtle, suddenly appearing. "Ah, my friends. Hope, Harry, Ronald."

"Not the time Myrtle."

Harry looked up at the ghost. "Myrtle, how did you die?"

The ghost became flattered in a weird way. "Oh, it was dreadful. It happened right here, in this very restroom. I had hidden because Oliver Hornby was teasing me about my glasses. I was crying, but then I heard someone come in."

"Who was it?" questioned Ron, becoming more intrigued.

"I don't know, I was distraught. But, they said something funny, a kind of made up language. When I realized a boy was speaking, I unlocked the door, and died."

Hope furrowed her eyebrows. "The Basilisk."

As Myrtle Warren pointed to the sink, Hope and Harry rushed over. And as they examined the pipes below, one of the pipes was in the shape of a serpent.

"This is it, guys. This is the entryway to the Chamber of Secrets."

As Harry said words in Parseltongue, the group of circular sinks opened to reveal one large pipe. Every single one of the students stared in amazement.

"Excellent, Harry, good work. I'll just be going, there's no need for me--" as the professor turned to leave, Hope yanked him back by the collar.

"Not so fast, blond-boy. We have the perfect thing for you." she smiled, and then pointed to the piper. "You go first."

His eyes narrowed. "Now, little girl, what good will that do?"

Ron answered for her. "A bloody lot of good if it's a two hundred foot drop onto jagged rocks."