Chapter 95 - Khaleel -

I stormed through the house, hitting anyone who dared to stand in my way. Nook was hiding somewhere on the upper level and I was excited to seek him out, and remind him once again who he was messing with. I would have thought that after our last encounter, he would know better than to scheme with Dobberman and yet, there he was.

Three guys tried to jump me at the same time, two held my arms back while the other attempted to give me an uppercut. I was just barely able to dodge it. I hunched over and rammed my head into the moron, letting him trip over a sitting stool one of the construction workers left behind. The idiots clinging onto my back had it worse. As soon as I felt their grip loosen, I used my hands to flip them over my shoulder, and then kicked their stomachs to make sure they stayed down.

I turned into the open foyer and took the familiar stairs to the second floor. I could hear another fight taking place not far from where I was, and assumed it to be Zander beating the shit out of Dobberman. To my horrible surprise, Dobberman was nowhere in sight, and my friend was being held up against a bedroom wall, fists upon fists striking his face until it was bloody and blue. I grabbed one of the attackers by the collar of his shirt, pulled him off Zander, and tossed him out the door. This gave the second guy enough time to strike me in the gut. I felt shots of pain spring up from my rib cage. It was kind of my Achilles heel, the one spot that had yet to heal from the fight with my scary cousins.

"You're dead meat," I winced, grinning.

The scumbag grinned back. I overlooked the goosebumps crawling down my legs and focused on my brewing anger. Over the years, I had learned to tame it for Hino and Loyal's sake. After meeting them, I decided I didn't want to be a ball of stress and wreak havoc on the world. I wanted to try and become a more reasonable and honest person. Unfortunately for these guys, my blood was starting to boil, and I was in no mood to let it simmer down. I waited for the second guy to strike me again before bashing his head through a wall.

I grabbed the first attacker and held him up by his throat. "Where is he?" I asked, referring to Dobberman.

He squirmed in my grasp for a few seconds before pointing behind me. I threw him aside and continued with my search into the second bedroom. I decided to come back for Zander. He wasn't looking too good but I was afraid that if I stopped to check on him, Dobberman would get away. As soon as I entered the spacious master, I saw my target trying to sneak out of a walk-in-closet. His cowardly eyes set on me before he threw his hands in the air and backed up in front of the window.

"Hey, Khaleel!" Dobberman greeted. "Looks like you finally caught up. How've you been?"

I scoffed. "Zander was your first friend at Jackheights and this is how you treat him?" I asked, disgusted. "He fucking vouched for you even when he shouldn't have and you've done nothing but hurt him and the people he cares about."

Dobberman chuckled. "Hey, come on," he said, trying to talk his way out of fighting. He could throw a few solid punches around, but he knew he wouldn't be able to last very long against me. That's why he ran the last times we crossed paths.

"I didn't have a choice but to retaliate when Matsunaga came looking for me," Dobberman said. "I didn't want to fuck with you, I didn't want to upset Tomasia, but I had no choice."

"You had plenty of choices you fucking creep," I replied, my eyes darkening. I could see beads of sweat forming on the sides of Dobberman's forehead. He was nervously cornering himself to the ledge. I didn't want to give him a single opportunity to strike me, so I quickly moved in, and kicked him. Hard. He fell out the renovated window. I watched his heavy body break through the glass and drop straight down into the backyard. I leaned over and saw him land in the pit meant for the underground pool. He wouldn't be moving for the next little while. I had plenty of time to take a photo for proof.

My eyes flashed to the doorway, where Nook stood witnessing the whole thing. I waited for him to challenge me, but he ran off instead. I chased after him along the corridor, down the stairs, and into the foyer. He jumped over the unconscious bodies I left behind and bolted for the front door. I kicked the back of his knees and watched him drop to the ground.

He scurried to face me, his eyes wide as saucers. "Where you headed?" I asked, pressing my foot onto his dick.