He ran his hand through his hair in frustration not knowing what got into him then. Why he had embraced her. He couldn't accept the fact that he felt safe with her. Safe from himself, safe from drowning in his own emotions.
Above all was a question which was biting him from inside.

'Why do she react the way she did when Vivaan accused him for molesting his own girlfriend?'    

She didn't anything about him and his past. Then why couldn't she bear to listen something against him? He had always treated her rudely, yelled at her, taunted her but then why she took his side? He remembered her words from the fight when she punched Vivaan.

"Dare to call him that again and I swear you will not be able get up from the hospital bed for next three months."

He desperately wanted answers to his all questions but his subconscious had decided to be silent and torture him. He went to the seperate bathroom in his office. Turning on the tap he rinsed his face few times with cold water to get a grip on himself. It was like all the emotions he had buried deep inside him a year ago when he came back to India were resurfacing again only and only because of her, because of Ahana.   

Wiping his face with a clean towel he came out of the bathroom locking the door behind him. Ahana was gaining her conscious. Feeling a bit uncomfortable she turned on the couch only to fall down with on floor with a thud. Luckily, she didn't hit her head with the table placed in front of the couch.

Rubbing her elbow she glanced at the surroundings around her. She realised that she was in Rheyan's office but he nowhere to be seen. He was standing at his same spot, from where couldn't be seen, staring at her. She was sitting between the couch and table while she remembered how she was attacked by Vivaan a few hours ago. She visibly cringed at the memory but smiled.

Rheyan was watching her each and every action, her expressions intensely. He couldn't believe she was smiling, though a sadistic one, still smiling as if she had forgotten that someone molested her in the lobby of top floor. Well, it was not his fault. He didn't know about Ahana's psychiatrist, who had told her to smile in every situation whether how worse it is and accept them at the age of twenty when she was drowning into depression.

Her gaze went to her wounded, now dressed knuckles. Frown creased her forehead as she remembered Vivaan's words directed to Rheyan. She was itching to beat him more and more. Then it clicked in her brilliant mind that Rheyan saw her. He would definitely expecting an explanation from her for her actions. It was not enough though, she wanted answers to her questions too.

Why couldn't he be able to hear someone calling her a whore when he called her one himself the very previous day? What happened between him and Aisha? Why Vivaan said all those things to him?

She was getting frustrated.

Rheyan noticed her eyes fixed on her wounded knuckles while she was frowning. It urged him more to demand answers to his questions. So he walked toward her.

Hearing sound of footsteps approaching Ahana looked up and saw Rheyan coming toward her. She knew what he wanted. It was something she wanted too.

They both wanted answers.

With the help of table she slowly stood up from floor not taking her eyes off of him. Rheyan was also looking at her direct into eyes hoping they would answer him. Their eyes were locked to each other. Their stare was intense. Anyone, if present there, could feel the intensity in atmosphere. Both were taking small and slow steps toward the each other as if some magnetic forces were pulling them. They were stopped by desk in the center of the office making them stand on the opposite end of it in front of each other. Silence prevailed in background making the atmosphere more intense than before.