Chapter 29

~Author's P.O.V.

In the conference room, all the board members a.k.a. major shareholders of the 'Ahuja Group of Companies', Naveen Ahuja, Nikhil Ahuja, Dev Kapoor, Rheyan Kapoor, Rishabh Singhania, Vivek Raichand and Zareen Khan were seated in their seats except for the one, Ahana Ahuja.

Her seat was occupied by Ahana Sharma whom Naveen had introduced to board members as a close family friend plus an intern in Kapoor Industries and to be more specified Rheyan's assistant in project. Though, none of outside board members knew the fact that Ahana Sharma was just a cover for Ahana Ahuja. In actual both were the same person.

Arpita wanted to witness her son taking over the position after his father and to be a part of the special moment. Being the Chairman and current C.E.O. of the company Naveen used some of his authority to allow Arpita to be a part of board meeting. Just like that he allowed Ahana, after Nikhil made his stubborn demand.

They were all sitting around a round glass table with Naveen occupying the head chair with Dev and Nikhil on adjacent sides of him. Next to Nikhil sat Arpita whose neighbouring chair was occupied by Ahana to which, unfortunately, she couldn't show her displeasure among board members. Next to Dev sat Vivek Raichand whose neighbour was Rheyan. Rishabh Singhania sat by Ahana's side and the remaining one chair was occupied by Zareen Khan.

Ahana looked up at Rheyan. She couldn't decipher if he was calm in real or pretended to be because the way he behaved moments ago made her doubt so. Rheyan, on the contrary, was impatient, his state opposite to what he pretended. He continued to return Ahana's stare and him staring at her was annoying him more.

Was he annoyed with Ahana?

Partly. He was more mad at himself than at Ahana. He couldn't fathom his behaviour from some moments ago.  He didn't know why he reacted impulsively seeing her close with Nikhil and that aggravated him. It was so unlike of him.
Rheyan Kapoor always remained in control. He knew not to be impulsive and what goes between Nikhil and Ahana was none of his business. In fact, personal lives of any of his employee was none of his business. Then why did seeing Ahana close to Nikhil offended him? Why was it difficult for him to accept the fact that Nikhil see Ahana as a sister, nothing more?

His fingers curled into his palm under the table, making a tight fist which didn't go unnoticed by Ahana. A lopsided smile (small) appeared on her face as she now had answer to her question. Rheyan's jaw ticked seeing her smile. Her smile insinuated thought in his mind that she was mocking him, which in actual was not her intention.

Their stare was broken by Naveen who began to conduct the meeting. They both corrected their expressions when realised where they were sitting but none of them was aware of the fact that their mini exchange of heated stare was caught by a third person present in the room.

Rishabh Singhania.

*******

Nikhil signed the share transfer papers after Naveen in presence of all board members, accepting the shares of company offered by Naveen.

Now being the major shareholder in the company plus votes of all board members in favour, Nikhil became new appointed C.E.O. of the company.
A round of applause and cheers erupted in the room when he signed off the papers. A series of congratulations started and the room was filled with positive and energetic vibes. Arpita could be pointed as the most happiest person in that moment.

Nikhil shook hands with everyone, Naveen, Dev, Vivek, Rishabh, Zareen, Ahana and atlast with Rheyan. Their handshake prolonged few seconds more than others as both men were having a staring contest, silently exchanging their words. No one ready to step back first as their giant egos didn't let them.