Chapter 31

~Ahana~

The following day at work was a complete hustle. All employees had busied themselves in work to meet the orders they had received previous day from their boss. Time had been ticking by fast. To start over with a new idea when we were left with very little time meant that the entire team had a challenge to conquer. Not only the employees, in fact the boss himself was emerged deep in work from the crack of dawn.

And

His new secretary? Well what could be said about his misery when Rhee was the boss.

In morning manager had showed up at Rhee's office when Rhee was narrating me the list of work I needed to do in addition to the things which had to be told to our designing team. He had brought a guy named Rohan with him. The person was chosen to fill in the vacancy for secretary. Rhee again interviewed the guy for his own satisfaction despite the fact that Rohan had come after passing number of questioning rounds, taken by Rhee's own hiring team.

Rohan was lanky, his height almost matched with Rhee. From his resume we found that he was a year older than Rhee, though I would like to say he looked younger for his age. He had five years of work experience in corporate companies which made him more eligible for the job.

When Rhee was sure of Rohan's capabilities then he asked p  manager to explain Rohan all his duties. From then onwards, I guess, Rohan was second guessing his decision of accepting job in this company.

Leaving Rhee's office I had gone to the designing team to retaliate the changes in design of hospital building as suggested by Rhee. After the said work was done I returned to my cubicle to get started with the budget reports.

From the day I had joined company, I always learnt something new. It was true that Rhee had been tough with me, no less than a jerk, but as uncle had said, he was master in his work. The situation, I had dived our company into; Rhee somehow managed to hold back the investors from backing out from the deal. I didn't know what he did or how he was able to do so but my guilty self could not stop admiring him. I just knew that our investors had put forward a condition that on the day of meeting with clients either they wanted the project or their money back.

One thing was also notable that during this whole while, Dev uncle didn't accuse me of anything once. Like Nikhil, he had said same thing that entire scene was framed. I had no fault in the matter. That day was hard enough for me and this fiasco had only added to my misery.

I met uncle today before lunch when he was leaving for a meeting. From last few days he had been handling most of company's ongoing projects, due to Rhee being busy in the current upcoming project. My meeting with him lasted for at most three minutes during which he told me to schedule myself a meeting with him in evening. I wanted to ask him the context of meeting but we both were running short of time so he left without any information.

Nikhil paid us a visit in afternoon. Being one of the investors he was to inform about the progress of project. It was surprising that Vivaan wasn't a least bit interested in knowing about the current status of project when his company had also made a major investment in it.

When Nikhil got the news that Rhee had started on a new idea discarding the former one, he definitely didn't fail to throw a fit. I didn't witness him with my eyes doing so. My cubicle being near to Rhee's office gave me the opportunity to hear the profanities he threw at Rhee and that was the evidence that he hadn't excused Rhee's behaviour from yesterday yet.

After sometime when I saw him exiting the office his calm face was the indication that Rhee had him convinced. The persuasion abilities that guy had. Anyone could hardly escape.