year two: cancelled quidditch

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Hope!" called out George, as he jogged towards the Lupin girl. "Can we talk?"

"Sure, what's up?"

Oliver walked into the locker room. "Not now, Lupin, Weasley. It can wait till after."

"Later?" Hope asked looking up at him.

He put on a smile. "Yeah, later works."

"Team!" called out Oliver. "We're going against Hufflepuff today. They'll be an easy win. Don't forget all that training we've gone through."

Angelina looked to Katie and Hope. "We've got this girls!"

Hope jumped onto Angelina's back and Katie tried to jump on hers, but in the end, the three girls came tumbling down to the floor.

"Really?" asked Oliver, an unamused look clear on his face. "All three of my chasers?"

"Get over it, Olly." Hope laughed. "We're having fun."

As the team exited and walked towards the field, Professor McGonagall stood in front of them. As if putting a halt to their walking. Her face held clear annoyance.

"This match has been cancelled." she spoke clearly.

"Cancelled?" yelled out the captain. "They can't cancel Quidditch--"

He was quickly cut off by the professor. "Silence, Mister Wood! You will return to Gryffindor Tower at once. Now, Mister Potter there is something you need to see."

As McGonagall left with Harry, the team returned to the locker room. Hope turned to Fred and George who looked angry. Oliver stood across the room kicking the bench.

"Olly, you're going to mess up your foot." Hope called out.

"Shut up, Lupin."

She raised her arms in surrender before turning back to George. "I hate there not being Quidditch. It's Saturday, it's what Saturdays are for."

"It'll get better, love."

In the Gryffindor Common Room, Professor McGonagall had just given the stats on everything going on

In the Gryffindor Common Room, Professor McGonagall had just given the stats on everything going on. The news of the school likely being shut down echoed around the room.

"Haven't you noticed all the Slytherins are safe?" asked Neville.

"Two Gryffindors down, not counting a Gryffindor ghost. One Ravenclaw and One Hufflepuff." explained Ron. "All the bad stuff is coming from Slytherin. Heir of Slytherin, Monster of Slytherin. Why not just chuck out all the Slytherin?"

Hope looked over to Ron. "It's unnecessary. Not all Slytherin are evil."

"They can't close Hogwarts. Where would we all go?" Seamus questioned, his irish accent coming out thick.

Dean crossed his arms. "I don't care what anyone says, as long as Dumbledore is here, Hogwarts is here."

Alfie shrugged. "It would make it easier if they threw out the Slytherins though."