Chapter 4 - The Mission

Okay, so this chapter is dedicated to dream31on, for being the first commentor on my story and

supporting it :) Also for her awesome story: A Colourful Phrase. It's really good, so everyone go read it!

Also, I was listening to "Greatest Time of Year" By Aly and AJ, (I just found the song, and love it) and since it's christmas, I put it on the right for you all to listen to if you want.

So...Merry Christmas Everyone!

Love, Star

Chapter 4 - The Mission

Inside, Boss sat at his desk, typing away on his laptop.

My heart beats rapidly, but I calm it down. Emotionless and relaxed. Just stay emotionless and relaxed, and you'll be fine.

"Hello Kailyn, I see that the mission went successfully?" he asks me without taking his eyes off the laptop.

"Yes Boss," I reply. Emotionless and relaxed.

"Good. Now I have another mission for you. This one is very important. Will you take it?" he asks me like I have an option.

But...of course, I never do, so like usual, I accept.

"Yes Boss," I reply monotonously, having said that line a thousand times.

"Okay. So the next target, is the President of the United States."

I am shocked, but I hide it.

"Now, he is going to have high security, but I trust you to be able to handle it... right?" he takes his eyes off his laptop and looks at me with steely eyes.

Now, normally, if I was anyone else, I would've squirmed and stammered, but since I had been raised by him, I didn't. I was used to his hard, uncomfortable looking eyes.

"Yes of course, Boss. After all, I was trained by you," I say, meeting his eyes with my own, with no emotions showing on my face.

Seeming pleased, he smirks, "Yes, of course. Well, if you need any help, which I doubt it, you can take anyone you need that's not currently on a mission. Raz will have the folder with all the information on it. You're Dismissed." And with that, he goes back to typing on his laptop.

I walk back out the door, and closed it behind me. So...the President of the United States, huh? He's gonna be pretty hard to get to, what with all the bodyguards and security around him. I wonder why Boss wants him killed. But since in the S.A.A., you learn not to question your elders--especially the most dangerous assassin in the world--I just ignored it, and started walking towards Raz's room.

As I walk down the hallway, the eyes of the very few people there follow my every move...like usual.

"Oh I just heard Kailyn got some big mission to kill some important government guy!" I heard a girl whisper excitedly to her friend.

"Yeah! I heard about that too! I bet you she'll come back with at least a cut!" the girl's friend said.

"I bet you $100 that she won't even get a scratch on her!" the girl said back.

"Oh you're on!"

"Oh you idiots, you know Kailyn heard you guys betting? You guys suck at whispering," a boy states while coming up behind the two girls. He points at me.

The two girls turn around, and sees me standing there, leaning against one wall of the hallway, with one eyebrow raised in amusement. They freeze, staring at me with wide eyes.

"You know, this is all very amusing, but I have to get ready for a mission," I say, while standing up straight. "Good Luck on the bet, girls!" I call back over my shoulder as I walk down the hallway.

"Oh my gosh she is so cool!" I hear one of them tell the other two behind me.

I chuckle dryly. Cool? What does that word even mean. It's just a word people made up to describe Awesome, but in a more "It's not really that awesome" kind of way.

I then turn a corner onto another hallway, and knock on Raz's door. Without waiting for a reply I walk in.

Raz is still there, typing away at his computer. He looks up.

"Wow Kailyn, thanks for waiting for me to invite you in," he tells me sarcastically.

"No problem," I say back, smirking as he rolls his eyes. "Now where's the folder?"

"Here. I read over it already and got all the gadgets you might need for the mission."

I open it up.

Target Profile:

Name: Cale Lane (A/N: Sorry I just made up a name)

D.O.B.: July 14, 1985

Height: 6"3

Weight: 125lb.

Hair: Short, Curly, Auburn

Eye color: Green

Parents: Dead

Background: Currently President of U.S.A. Lived in Massachusetts for childhood. Has a wife and children. High security.

Objective: Kill Target cleanly. Leave no trace. Don't get caught.

There are some pictures inside of his wife and children. Two little kids, one boy, one girl. Hmm. Cute.

So...just kill him. Seems easy enough.

"Okay just go get a good night's sleep and you can start the mission tomorrow if you want. Do you want me to get some agents to help?" Raz asks me.

"Nah, I'll be fine,"

"Okay then, I'll see ya tomorrow then, Kailyn. Goodnight"

"Goodnight"

I walk out of his room, and down the hallway. I take the elevator there to the fourth floor, and head towards my room, thinking of many ways to get the mission done tomorrow.

Let's see, I can just use a sniper and snipe him from afar, or maybe I can poison some food...

I look at the clock.  11:15pm. I get ready for bed, brushing my teeth and all that other stuff.

I get into bed, still thinking of the mission tomorrow. For some reason, I have this weird feeling. A feeling that something bad is going to happen, but it's good. I don't get it, but you know what I do? You guessed it. I ignore it, and fall asleep, succumbing to the darkness where I never dream, just to be forced to have flashbacks of horrid memories, reminding me of my place.