Chapter 6 - Fail

Chapter 6 - Fail

By noon, I was all dressed up in my disguise. I'm still in my room, checking if I'm ready.

I looked in the mirror.

I look...normal.

I was wearing the blond wig with the blue contacts. The wig was wavy, and reached past my shoulders. I had a white tank top with a blue V-neck cardigan on top. (A/N: dangit. Since it won't let me upload photobucket for some reason...just use this link to see her outfit: http://s1178.photobucket.com/albums/x378/xStarliightzx/?action=view&current=e98d22e3.pbw) I was also wearing a blue checkered skirt that reached 3-inches above my knees, and as for shoes I was wearing black boots.

Not bad.

The two guns were hidden somewhere in my outfit, after a long time trying to figure out where to put them. (Shesh, I don't know how people can wear these things! You can't even hide anything in them!)

Since I still had time, I put on the black sunglasses and checked the files on the target. Hmm. These sunglasses are cool. Even though I am looking at the files, I can still see through it...and even past walls.

Cool.

I raised my head to look at the door. Woah. I can see everyone walking past in the hallway. Then, I see something that was slightly amusing.

Cam is outside, trying to convince himself to do something. I walk to the door, and lean my ear on it, trying to listen to what he's saying.

"Come on...you can do this. Who knows, she might even let you go to keep her safe..." he's muttering to himself.

What. The. Hell.

I bang on the door. "Cam! I know you're out there! And there's no way I'm letting you come with me! I can take care of myself and you know it!"

I hear a 'Woah!' and a thump.

I open the door and see Cam, on the ground, rubbing his butt. Once he notices me he looks away and blushes.

"Really Kailyn, I can just come and--"

"No"

"But--"

"No."

Before he can open his mouth again, I say, with my eyebrow raised, "Really? Have you ever known me to give up and arguement?"

He opens his mouth. Closes it. Then sighs and says no.

"There you have it. Now if you'll excuse me," I say, while walking towards Raz's room.

On my way, I raise my hand to press a button on the hidden earpeice. "Raz, can you hear me?"

"Yup. I see the earpeice is working well."

"Yes it is. I'm on my way to your room right now."

I take the elevator down to Raz's floor, and walk straight into his room casually. Raz, like usual, is at his desk.

Well, at least it's better than his desk. He turns to me, and smiles. "Wow, I've never seen you in real teenage girl clothes."

I roll my eyes.

"And...other than that, I think you're good to go. You sure you wanna do this on your own?"

I sigh. "Yes. I've never had help on a mission and I don't need one now."

"Okay, Okay. Shesh. I was just making sure. You're good to go. Good Luck."

"Since when have I ever needed luck?" I say, while walking out.

----------

2:30pm--On Wall Street, where the speech is taking place in...

Right now, I am in the middle of a big crowd. Everyone is waiting for 3:00, when President Lane comes out, and makes some big important speech for the people. Phew, I blend cleanly here. Without looking conspicuous, I look around for a shadowy place. Perferably in front of an alley or building.

Ah hah. I found this nice shadowy place in front of a tall building. I walk to it, trying to seem as normal as possible. I was looking around, pretending to be admiring the setting when really, I was looking for any security. Seems to me that the only security is near the statue, where the president is going to be. About 10 men stood there, dressed in black.

I look around. About 10 other men were spread out in the crowd. Police were everywhere. Wow. There was a lot more security than I expected.

I reach the shadowy part in front of the building. Turns out I was in front of a small boutique store. There was a closed sign in front of it. No one was near me. Everyone else was in the crowd. Perfect. I took out an iPhone Raz gave me and pretended to play on it, bored. Under the sunglasses, my eyes were darting around, looking for anyone suspicious.

Finally, I hear clapping and cherring.

I look up, and President Lane is coming out, with 7 bodyguards near him. Ugh. I wonder how I'm gonna kill him...

"People, of the United States..." he says, "Today, I have brought you here to..."

I start to zoom out and think.

Halfway into the speech, I notice a lot of people getting bored, and the security guards also.

A perfect shot. All the security were not ready. They probably were thinking nothing was gonna happen, since no one dares try to hurt the president...    

Until Today.

Without further ado, I take one hand off the iPhone and reach into my boot discreetly. I take out the minigun.

I aim for the president's head.

My finger is just pulling at the trigger when it's knocked out of my hands. It lands 5 feet away in the shadows, so no one can see it.

Ugh! Damn it! Who the hell did that?!

My eyes dart around wildly. My body in a defensive position.

Suddenly I feel a stinging pain on the back of my head and before I black out, I see a pair of sky blue eyes.