14. Studying

Ok, I just redid a whole bunch of earlier chapters of this book and renamed them because I started writing it when I was about halfway through the show and I didn't really have the characters fit if you know what I mean, so I made a whole bunch of changes to the Yang chapters and stuff soooo you can go re-check those out if you'd like lol

Also, for those of you who are as obsessed with TikTok like me, you might know the tiktoker Maggie Thurmon... I found her account a couple days ago and I'm obsessed with her page! I'm literally stalking her, *lol* and she is exactly what I would think Maddie (in this story) would look like anyway yeah I love her so much lol

Anyway, enjoy this next chapter! Soon we find out who the creepy stalker is tehehe *really bad evil cackle*

~~

FLASHBACK

2007

(Shawn's POV)

~~~

"Thank you, Mr. Spencer." Maddie said gratefully as she looked around her new home. 

Shawn just shook his head. "No, no, it's just Shawn." He said, and Maddie nodded. She bit her fingernails and peeked her head into the kitchen, jumping as Shawn placed a hand on her back.

"Go ahead, you don't have to just sit here in the doorway. Explore." Shawn urged, and Maddie cautiously walked into the main room. She wrinkled her nose at the mess and Gus walked up next to Shawn.

"Don't you have a maid?" Maddie asked as she ran a finger over the corner of Shawn's dusty desk. The only part of that room that was clean was Gus's desk and the kitchen island. 

Shawn cleared his throat. "Uh, nope. Nope." He said. Maddie folded her arms and looked at the selection of video games. "Hmm. I thought everyone had a maid." She said, pulling out Mario Kart. 

Gus rolled his eyes. "Talk about spoiled." He muttered. "Shut up, she's cute." Shawn whispered. She didn't really seem spoiled at first. She seemed like an average tomboy. Except for the fact that she was the *formerish* daughter of a billionaire.

"I don't like maids. They get in the way and move all my stuff around. Thank God you don't have any here." Maddie said. Shawn grinned. There we go. There was the tomboy. "Hey, uh, do you have any video games that you play?" Shawn asked as she opened the Mario Kart disk. 

"This one. Dad didn't really like video games, so my friend, Noah, snuck this to me. My favorite character is Baby Peach." She said and she examined the disk, looking over every inch of it. 

"Hmm. Mine is Bowser." Shawn said. Maddie looked at him weirdly. "Bowser? Wow, you're strange." She muttered the last part. Gus looked at Shawn. "You just adopted a really weird kid, Shawn." Gus whispered. "Well she told me her favorite Mario Kart character, so we're basically family now, Gus. I can't get rid of her." He whispered back.

The two watched the pre-teen walk around, exploring every inch of the room. "I don't know, Shawn. I'm not very confident in this. Or you." Gus confessed. Shawn turned to look at him disappointedly. "You're never confident in me, Gus." Shawn said. "You know thats right." Gus said.

~~~

PRESENT DAY

2009

(Maddie's POV)

~~~

Maddie licked her lips nervously. "Okay, go hide in your room. B can't see you." She said and pushed Shawn to his room. Shawn groaned. "You're calling him 'B' now?" He asked.