8. Cliffhanger

"Whattya need, Lassidophilous?" Shawn asked. Maddie put her hands on her lower back and stood next to Shawn, listening to what they were talking about. Jules and Gus walked over with a girl about Maddie's age. 

"Shut up." Lassie growled. The girl folded her arms and looked Maddie up and down. She had silky, raven black hair, lots of brown freckles, bushy eyebrows, and greenblue eyes. She also was very thin and tall. 

"Whose this?" Shawn asked and winked at her. She furrowed her eyebrows and looked up at Lassie. "This is my sister, Lauren. She is almost 15. And if you wink at her again, I will shoot you." Lassie warned. "She's... older than she looks." Shawn said. Jules scoffed. "She's your daughters age, Shawn." Gus said. "And your point is...?" Shawn asked. 

Lauren and Maddie just sat there and glared at each other. "You can stop talking about me like I'm not here." Lauren said. "Very well, Lola." Shawn said. "It's Lauren." She said. "I've heard it both ways." Shawn said. Lauren rolled her eyes. 

"Lauren is here to help us with the possible suicide case we were discussing yesterday." Lassie said. "Why?" Gus asked and furrowed his eyebrows. "The victim is my friends mom." Lauren said. "Oof." Shawn whispered. "She didn't show any signs of depression or anything, so it could possibly be a murder." Lauren said. "Yes." Lassie nodded. 

"Oh, so when I say it could be murder you say I'm just extremely stupid, but when she says its murder you agree immediately? I see." Shawn said. "Well, she is not a six year old boy with ADHD and learning problems in a full grown man's body. Now follow me, we're going to go investigate the scene." Lassie snarled and started walking, everyone else following him. 

"Hey! I can't help that I have ADHD!" Shawn yelled. Maddie flinched. "Come on." She groaned and dragged him with by the arm. 

~~~

"A cliff? You never told me that when we were discussing this yesterday!" Gus whimpered. He held tightly onto Shawn's arm and Shawn sighed. "We're literally where she fell, Gus. She jumped from up there." Shawn said and pointed very high in the air. "Still. It's very scary." Gus whispered hoarsely. 

Maddie made an 'ew' face at the blood splatters on the ground. "Not a suicide. It was a murder." Shawn said simply, then looked over at Gus. "Would you get off me? I'm loosing my blood circulation in my arm!" Shawn shouted and shook Gus off. Gus immediately ran to Maddie and fell to the ground, hugging her calf. 

"Okay, ow, I was shot there! Twice! Get off!" Maddie yelled. Gus just moved up to her thigh so he wasn't holding onto her wound, but was still cutting off her circulation. Sadly. She sucked on her teeth and Lauren looked at her weirdly. 

"Do they do this all the time?" Lauren whispered to Lassie. "They do it basically every moment of every day." Lassie said and looked up from the book of notes that Jules handed him. "Okay, it does seem like this is a murder or an accident by looking at the autopsy and the method that she possibly fell." Lassie said. Shawn squinted his eyes and looked at the ground intently for a moment. 

"Jules, could I ask you something?" Shawn asked and pulled Juliet away from Lassie. "Where do these people live?" Shawn asked. "Um, the parents were divorced. The father lived in a townhouse, the... dead wife in an apartment. The apartment is up for sale right now. The, uh, daughter traveled back and forth." Juliet said. Shawn nodded. "Could you give me those addresses?" Shawn asked. Jules sighed. "I'm not authorized to do that, Shawn. I'm sorry." She said. 

Shawn pursed his lips and exhaled, then lowered his voice, leaning into Juliet's ear. "I'll give you something special tonight. I'll steal Gus's Hagrid costume and wear it to bed. Pretty please?" He whispered. Maddie tried listening to what they said, but she couldn't hear. Jules gave him a look. "First of all, I am not going within 10 feet of you if you wear that costume. It stinks. And second of all, are you trying to seduce me into giving you their addresses?" She asked. "Is it working?" Shawn asked. Jules inhaled. "I will give you the addresses, but you have to promise me that you won't tell anyone and that you won't go there."