《Chapter 3》

A year has passed as Luna was happily visiting the principal of Cross Academy: Kaien Cross. She was adopted by a vampire hunter friend of Kaien who was currently on a mission in a far country. So he did what any responsible guardian would do; asked Kaien to take care of her until he returned.

~

"Luna dear, please come out we want to see!" The father-like caretaker yelled from the first floor of the house. She  wrestled on a dress Kaname had brought as a gift. He had been visiting every other day upon hearing that she was staying with the Chairman.
Her mirror sparkled back with the purple linen, the long see-through sleeves to match.

"I'm coming!!" Yelling from the room, passing the bedroom door of the second floor. Carefully she decent down the stairs with the dress at its matching purple heels.

"Why are these things so hard to walk in?!" Too occupied with retaining her balance she almost toppeled over. She wouldve if she hadn't caught the railing in time.  Flat on the ground she found the man jumping up and down like a child.

The blond man scooped her up pressing his cheek into hers.
"My baby looks so adorable!!!"
She laugh at him as he spun the two of them around and around. Kaname just sat there, looking very at peace with himself as he watched them twirl.

"Can you please put me down now? I'm not even walking and these death traps are killing me." She giggled refuring to the heels. Finally finding her land feet the man kept his 'this is so cute' chibi face on. Even as she kicked off the heels, now barefoot, as usual. Now free of the constricting foot wear.
"You look beautiful." Kaname complements from his seat at the table.
"Thank you for buying this for me, I love it!" She thanked, smiling at him.

Since she came to this world she learned that Kaname wasn't as bad as originally thought. Sure he was still cocky and arrogant in his own way. It doesn't look like she'd be able to change that.
Kaien checked his watch and hastily gathered his belongings.
"Listen Kaname can you please do me a huge favor and watch Luna while I'm gone? I have a meeting." The blond asks getting ready to leave. The boy nods in agreement before the man opened the door.
"Bye!"
"Bye-bye!" Kaien greeted with a skip in his step.

~

"Do you want to go for a walk Luna?" the red eyed boy asks making her set my book down, lip twisted in thought.
"Uh-hu. But isn't it a little late?"
He smiled as both rose.
"Don't worry, I'll protect you from whatever lurks in the dark."

"Promise?"

She opened her eyes slightly wider, wanting to dwell in this second childhood a bit longer.

"I promise."

"I think you should put some shoes or else your feet wil be cold." The Kuran boy seguests. "Nope!" She rushed opening the front door with a cocky grin.

Walking around the campus was quiet, the summer break nearing it's end. The quiet was uncomfortable but in effort to sooth the nerves she hummed a little song.

(This but the humming version. Btw I do not own the vid. We stan Parker Bliss here.)

When she stopped humming Kaname gave a small applause.
"That was beautiful. I didn't think you could sing like that. You should sing for me more." He comments making her cheeks glow with sweat and rage.
"I don't sing infront of people! Especially not infront of other vampires!"
"But you just did? Did you forget that I was around?" The pre-teen asked with a teasing smile.
"Yeah...Yeah! I just forgot you were here! That's all!"
Despite the playful lull in his step he couldn't help but feel a stone tossed in him even as he giggled.