Chapter 15

Back at the party the atmosphere buzzed with celebration but still there was a underlying unease among the groups. Whether worry or giddy excitement.

Zero had decided to retreat to his dorm- not wanting to deal with the aristocrats or Hunters for the rest of the night.
Nikari however had decided to stay-
never really moving through the party much. She mainly just hung around the one spot, frozen.
Nikari wasn't really sure what to do when Luna got carried away. Or while Kaname had her under his spell.

But the words Zero spoke still had a hold on her. What could she have done? What should she have done?
Probably something. Anything.
Zero did. He tried. If the others hadn't shown up- who knows what they'd have to resort to...
Someone would've most likely died. Although Nika knew it would probably have been her seeing as she had the weakest blood in the whole school.
Maybe she shouldn't have stopped herself when she wanted to follow the group back.
Nika rubbed the silky straps of her dress in hope to distract herself. The glass in her hand stayed empty but served as something for her hands to do despite crossing them.

Something cold blew against her shoulder asif ice was placed on it.
Behind her stood a beautiful girl with jet black hair that framed her body with its lenght. "There's no need to look so worried. Luna will be fine- she always is. Oh and I'm Aoi," She bowed.
Immediately Nikari took note of how the girl's skin glistened a slight transparent white. Like a lake of frozen water. Nika stammered out an awnser,
"Oh- uh how did you know I was worried about her?"

"You two are friends, yes? You're Nikari? She wrote to us and mentionedyou in some of her letters."
She nodded while fidgeting with her dress.
"Then it was only safe to assume you'd be worried."

Takuma smiled. Despite earliers unease he kept the party lively. Although he kept searching for Zero- wanting to ask him specifically about what happened earlier. Next option was to ask Nikari. She was relatively easy to spot among the crowd. He identified a Kagetsu student conversing with her as well.
"Thank you again, please enjoy the rest of the night!" Making his way from the group of party goers towards the tables of food.
"Dissaplinary Committee!"

Nikari spun around with a suprised tone and met the blonde's sight.
"Oh Takuma,"
"I just wanted to ask if Luna's allright? It looked rather painful earlier," The vampire held nothing but sympathy for his classmate-to-be.
Nika scrunched her eyebrows with uncertainty. "Well, I'm not really sure-"  "She's just fine!"
Katsuo chipped in with an aloof tone, turning from the tables. The ghost girl wondered aloud at her classmates presence, "You're back, wait wasn't Akuma with you?" 
"Don't tell me he's secretly drinking again." Yukari sighed with slight irratance her hand on her hip as she contemplated whether she needed to go find him. "He wanted to stay with Lu and I searched his bag before we left,"
They all seemed so close. Like they knew eachother for a long time.
"So how long have you guys known Luna for?"
"Since we were like umm... 7 I think," "Wow."

"Takuma, could you tell us more about Cross Academy?" Yukari wondered, taking in the sight of the school building in the distance.

"Well... all the students are separated into a Day- and NightClass, ofcourse only vampires are allowed in the NightClass. Our DayClass doesn't know about well: all this. How about you all- I don't know much or anything about Kagetsu really?"

"Well we also have the two separate Classes but none of us are human. Tho our Night Class consists of our most Elite students and Nightlings"
"A nightling what's that?" Nika tilted her head.
"That's the term we use to describe those with more nocturnal instincts. Like a nickname. Examples like Vampires& Werewolves,"

"What are you all then- wait I didn't mean it like that!" Nikari felt a flush of red on her cheeks. "Don't worry," Yukari set a hand on the girls shoulder for assurance. "We have vampires like you guys- the Samaki brothers," Yukari held out a palm in the direction of the scattered brothers.
"I'm a werewolf-vampire Hybrid." She retracted her palm towards herself.