Chapter 16

It was the next day when the Kagetsu and Cross Academy students attended a lecture together as to signify the end of the event. Since they'd been busy, the Dissaplinary Committee had only patrolled the school building but had no run in with any trouble. They would be missing this peace and quite when the Day Class students returned next week.
It was the last night the Kagetsu students would be staying and would leave before sunrise that morning; furthermore signaling the end of the vacation approaching.

Bags packed and hands out the Kagetsu students stood ready to greet their hosts. All biding their goodbyes, Yukari kept searching among the crowd for the Dissaplinary Committee. Though it didn't take long before two figures sped towards them: one in full sprint while the other jogged along.
"We were wondering when you'd show!" Katsuo grinned loading another bag.
"Sorry we're late, someone took their time." Zero accusingly glanced over at Luna who bent so far forward she was almost kissed the ground.
"Yet I was the only one who ran?" Sassing Zero she straightened.

"Bye Fish Fingers!" Cat teased wrapping her tail around the siren in a hug. "See yah Fish Breath." With old nostalgic ease the childhood nicknames rolled and with each hug that passed a part of her heat broke off for them, never realizing how much she'd truely missed them.

Shizuko was the last to receive a hug but he made sure to hold on tight.

From the NightClass group Kaname stared with a jealous air seeing her emotional of all the others yet he's never had her care about him like that.

In a bundle Katsuo, Akuma, Ayato and Subaru approuched Zero, forming a half circle around him. The Kiryu was ever cautious as the group had a united seriousness floating among them.
"What's this about?"
"We have a favor to ask,"
Unsure he waited for them to continue.
"You see, we can't be around anymore and that means Luna's gonna need someone to watch her back." Akuma tilted his head.
"Basically she's a cluts and gets herself into trouble more than we'd like to say." Subaru explained as the rest nodded. The werewolf held out a hand, "So look after her for us okay? We know it's alot to ask-" Katsuo grimaced. "It's one hell of a job!" Ayato gasped at the understatement seeing as the siren shared a dorm building with him in their younger years. He'd given up counting the amount of times he had taken her to the hospital wing.

"What do you think they're talking about?" Luna leaned over to Reiji. "Like I'd know what those hooligans are thinking."
"I'm sure its nothing you need to worry about," a micro mischievous glint crossed Shizuko knowing he had suggested their raid on Zero.

Then their time truely came to a close.
Soon everyone boarded the bus except for Kanato who kept his elbows locked around the siren. His brothers managed to claw him off but he still whimpered with puppy dog eyes.

From the moving bus a noticeable red head stuck outside a window, holding his fedora against the wind. Waves came from ever window and the faintest echo of Yukari's scolds dragged on thr wind.
"Bye Lulu!"

~

Seiren dragged the tape measure from one end to the next, measuring for adjustments on Luna's new uniform. By now the newbie had moved her luggage into their rooms and night had fallen. They didn't have classes tonight but would soon presume them when the DayClass returned.
When the fitting and minor adjustments were made they were on their way to the common room. The candles burned brightly as the dorms came alive.
Aido, Rima, Takuma and Kaname sat enjoying some tea as the two girls descend the stairwell, "I hope everything feels comfortable." Serein scanned over her work as they took the last step.
"It does thanks. It just feels - what's the word... unnatural - to wear white instead of black."

"I'd say white fits you much better. You've done a wonderful job Seiren." With an acknowledging nod the loyal lapdog walked off.
"I was actually just about to come find you." Kaname continued raising his gaze from her new outfit.
"Oh?"
He elegantly swiped papers from the table, "Your sqedual." Half glaring she took it from him scanning it through.
"The Headmaster also sent your Dissaplinary Committee sqedual. You'll be attending extra lessons because of the clashing with your nightpatrols and classes."
Ignoring him she continued to feel around the paper, "Vampire studies? What the hell is this?" The page poked at Kaname with a low scowl.

"Oh Vampire studies is mainly where we work on Vampire-Human relations and how to better them. It's where we developed the blood tablet." Akuma explained gently.
"Speaking of the tablets, I was wondering something Luna," Rima's monotoned porcelain voice spoke setting her attention on her. Luna felt something bubble as Rima had seemed unnaturally stern in her question. "Do you take them?"
"Oh uh I haven't really tried them. I eat fish most of the time so my blood cravings aren't that severe. That said: none of you have seen a delivery by chance?"
"I think the GateMaster mentioned something earlier about a delivery." Kaname added seeing the girl walk to the door.

~

By now it was dinner time- or she guessed breakfast for the NightClass. Having carried her food crate to the kitchen she also had to clean the rather bare fridge. Though it didn't take long considering the only thing in there was a carton of milk. Something lonesome nipped at the room as she sat alone- Zero still 'packing' up at his DayClass dorm leaving her to eat alone.

Swinging her feat she realized how stupid this all was. Leaving her newly found comfort in an instant for him. She blamed the bloodloss for the rushed decisions or perhaps she was possessed by some type of spirit? Either way the loathing grew knowing she herself had brewed this perfect storm.
It had to be if she had ignored the biggest thorn in her side, the one she had vexed for years now.
How stupid she had been for setting up life in these walls with Kaname Kuran. By the 10th time she cursed herself out the plate was empty making her realize that he ruined a delicious meal for her.

Angrily she washed the dishes, peaking over her shoulder.
"Yes Aido?"
Keeping his distance his brows scrunched, "What do you have against Lord Kaname?"

She set the plate down still back turned to him but cold and unforgiving eyes turned to pierce him like that knife in her hand would. "It's none of your business but... I'll tell you this: he... destroyed something very dear to me." Like a honest prayer her shoulders dropped. Aido was immediately taken back by the soft natured tone saying such unimaginable things.
"What could Lord Kaname have possibly done to upset you this much?" He thundered back, fists clenched. Abruptly she turned, "Ask him yourself if youre so curious."

~

Quick strides led him to the Dorm president's study. The room smelt of old books and fire and of words unsaid.
"Lord Kaname, thank you for seeing me." Aido bowed low seeing Kaname rise from his piled books and documents.
"Ofcourse, what is it Hanabusa?"
Absent-minded he reached for a cloth, wiping his ink stained hand. Paying no mind Hanabusa took a breath to gather himself.
"It's about Luna... it's just- ever since I met her she has never treated you with an ounce of the respect you deserve! And she wont awnser why!" Anger wasn't something in the usual for him so this outburst bounced like a cold wind in the room.
"I'm guessing you spoke to her then?" Kaname raised the cloth stained with red ink, unbeknownst to him a drop had dotted his cheek.
"Uh I did." Stuttered Aido, back straightened hearing the almost nostalgic remeberance. "Well then she must've told you something. She never liked criptic messages."

"No uh she actually told me to ask you. But if I'm overstepping my bounds..." hesitating Aido felt his mouth run dry as the red dot was streaked by a thumb. Kaname stared down at the red with the same curiosity he's had since that day.
Luna's shrieks still as fresh as the night air in his mind.
All these years he's wondered who that man was. Truely. Yet he didn't care because he had caused this hardening of her heart. Every glance she gave him thereafter was far from the smiles she shared with him in childhood.
"I killed someone... a man. He tried to murder her and she never forgave me for it."