Chapter 11

Luna grabbed a handful of tissues from the desk and pressurized her hand wound. Not a word has been said since entering the office.

"Did he attack you?"

"No, he... the Blood-tablets don't work with him. So I didn't really know what else to do,"

The Headmaster sighed as he held the bridge of his nose.
"Did anyone see you?"
"The NightClass left their door open."

To Kaien that meant Kaname's case was true. He knew that the boy would not rest until Zero was transferred to the NightClass and his argument of Zero being fine for the time being would no longer be viable.

Luna was ordered to sit down on the couch as Kaien searched for his medical kit. With a school filled with Vampires it was better that he'd treat those wounds than the school nurse. Soon he found the metal box in his file cabinet; sitting down next to the bothered girl.

"Here give me your hand."
Her downturned palm stretched forward.

"The other one."

Luna frowned but conformed. She had brought Zero here so he could be helped not herself. The bloodloss wasn't as bad as she imagined just a little weak. While glancing at Zero in thought a sweet was shoved into her mouth. To her dismay she looked back at the father-figure.

"So tell me: what exactly happened?"

The explanation was short but packed the whole story.
By the end she was staring at the sleeping Zero opposite them. Her heart squeezed in her chest once more.

"I see... We're going to have to transfer him to the NightClass sooner than expected then."
"Are you serious?"
They both knew very well that Zero despised Vampires and would never willingly agree to stay with an entire class of them.

A series of knocks came from the door as the voices behind it roamed in whispers.
"Who is it?"

"It's us Chairman Cross."

Takuma awnsered with a somewhat concerned expression. Kaien called Takuma inside- but Aido, Kain, Shiki and Kaname flowed inside behind him.

Bandage in hand the Chairman spared the students a glance before covering the cleaned fang-marks on Luna's neck. She thanked him with a low voice before both turned to the group.
"We just wanted to check if everything was alright. The class got restless at the scent of the blood."

"I'm fine: just got hurt during patrol."
"That doesn't explain the blood on Zero's mouth." Aido was rather aggressive in both stance and tone.
A hand covered the bandage on her neck. "This is none of your business. Please go away; lock the door on the way out."
The man shortly scolded the girl, now standing with the group of vamps. Meanwhile Kaname hadn't taken his eyes off of Zero since entering.

"Since I trust all of you I'll tell you this: Zero is also a Vampire. He drank Luna's blood,"
"I let him drink my blood."
The group grew suprised. Zero— a vampire.
The bickering must've woken him however as he sat upright on the couch. He seemed disoriented like he couldn't remeber how he got there. "Ugh my head hurts. What happened?" Zero asked himself. Wiping the back of his hand over his mouth he felt a semi dry substance on him. Inspecting it he found blood. 'Who's blood...'

"You're awake." She was relieved at the sight of his opened eyes. Although there was something strange about his eyes.

"His eyes: their glowing."
"...blue?"

In a split second Kaname appeared infront of Zero, staring down in his luminescent eyes. The white haired boy jumped in surprise.

Why him? Kaname felt his nails dig into his skin. His hands balled at his sides. What did Zero have that he didn't? She gave her blood to someone she barely knew. But she's known Kaname since she first arrived on land. Blood came dripping from his fists, dripping into the carpet below. The vase on the coffee table combusted at the shards flung. "Lord Kaname!" Aido yelled in suprise.

Kaname grabbed Zero's throat, tilting Zero's head up. Blue hues stared back.  Too blind with range he didn't notice the cold blade pressed against his neck right away. It's shined like the mid-day ocean in the streak of moonlight shining through the curtains.

Zero noticed how cold his hands felt. He almost forgot how cold an actual Vampire was until now that a Level-A vampire was staring him down. Kaname Kuran was of the highest stature in highborn Vampire Society. He was feared. And for good reason. The menacing look of fury colored his eyes could disarm an entire army if given the chance.

Her eyes on the other hand seemed to glow a blue hue. He always saw the moon in her eyes. Caring as well as gentle and he longed for it. But he only received its dark shadows in return.

Puffs of deep breaths left her lungs as the Vampire Hunter dagger felt slightly harder to wield tonight. Luna could feel heat radiate from behind her, Kain held a scowl of fiery vengeance. While Aido had cold puffs of breath escape him, his body radiating the cold one would find in the bottom of a freezer.

"Let. Him. Go."

"You're outnumbered, put that dagger down or suffer the consequences." Kain gravelly orates. Luna was indeed outnumbered 3 to 1 but if Kaname wanted his neck untouched he'd have to let go.

"All of you! Put your weapons down and let us discuss this civilly!" Kaien mediated the group. "If he gets his hands off then I'll think about it."
Kaname stared at nothing in particular as he weighed his options. Eventually he spoke in a calmer tone. "I'm sorry Headmaster. I got out of hand and acted irrationally." He let go.

"Luna?" The Vampire-Hunter voice kicked in. With a grumble she retracted the blade and deactivated its powers. It caused her anger to unfold, to wrinkle out.

"Zero. After tonight's events I find that it would be best for everyone... if we transfer you to the Night Class."  "Not the hell!"

"I'm sorry I know you have you're differences with this. But please."
"No I will not."

"He's not going to stay alone with him." She nodded at Kaname. "If he goes, I go too."

"What no. Neither of us are-"
"Well if that is what you want. The Night Class would be delighted to have you, along with Zero." Not a single trace of Kaname's previous anger shined through. The marks caused by his sharp nails had healed.

Without a word she walked past Kaname and the others, only sparing a glace as she turned to close the door. With meaning the door clapped behind her as her steps echoed through the halls. The rest of the NightClass were nowhere to be seen.

Back in the office Zero was still at a loss for words. How could all of this happen so quickly? It felt like he was back at the staircase barely 10 minutes ago. In his mindless state someone spoke, "We can finish the details of the move tomorrow. I think Zero needs some time."
"Ofcourse this will be a big change. But we will make sure they both adjust to the dorms." Kaname glanced at Zero. In the end he got exactly what he had wanted without lifting a finger. This was how he played the game.

That night Luna layed in her empty room. Staring at the ceiling, in the dark. She wondered: why was she doing all this? There would be nothing given to her as reward nor would she benefit from it in any way. But she still did it. The bandages covering her palm and neck were proof.
Maybe it was because she too once felt that sorrowful dread of being helpless to your own sickness. In another life she had suffered the same and its consequences took her life. She wanted to be like the one person that she looked forward to seeing through all the death and despair.
If she chose this world she was going to make sure no one would feel as helpless as she did in hers. She was going to resque him from his sickness.
Or at the least show him how to live with it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~