Chapter 14

This one's for the 3 of you who commented last chapter. Thx for the encouragement guys :)
Errianalya
Estelle0152423
Lexiosaurus (& thx again for being my proofreader Lexiosaurus)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before coming to search for Zero, Mr Yagari had stopped by the Headmaster's office. There they discussed some of the recent events at both Kagentsu and Cross Academy. The Vampire Hunter was requested by the Association to join their meeting, as both schools were under the watchful eyes of the Vampire Hunter Association.

Eventually Kaien pulled out photographs. In these photographs were Zero and a short brunette girl. Another one was Zero and two other girls currently in the committee. In all these photos the members had arm sleeves indicating they were of some type of power in the school.

"It's been 4 years. Hard to believe Zero's still alive..."

"And this is my precious Yuki, she and Zero protected the school or atleast until her passing...
Our school's current protectors are
my darling Luna and Zero
along with Miss Nikari." Chairman Cross explained in a cutesy voice passing photos around for both Toga and Kagentsu's principal. It became almost a tradition since their first visit a few years ago. Exchanging stories and showing photos of their dear students.

"I heard they're stil searching for the Level-E that killed the girl. I'm suprised you haven't stepped in yourself," Yuki's photo sat between Toga's fingers.
"I've given up that life a long time ago, you know that." A sigh was the only response Yagari could muster. "About the other one: you called her a Siren; is she just really bratty or something?"
Yamato, shook his head in denial.
"Are you serious?"
"We are... You see, Sirens are an ancient subspecies of vampire. According to the legends: sailors caused their extinction over a hundred years ago and not one has been sighted since,"

"But somehow she managed to live. So there are probably more," Yamato continued Kaien's explanation.

***

Yagari recalled the conversation as both Principals gave him glares. And the scales that trailed along the cobblestone ensured that they were truthful. Never in his life would he have thought that he'd encounter something this strange.
Half of a fish on steroids- half human.

Another presence came from the path. Shocked they saw Kaname and Senri approaching. "We heard the gunshot, is everything allright?"
"Yes, we can handle this, please just keep the rest of the vampires away from here." The Chairman commanded looking up from his spot on the ground. Kaname signaled his cousin away to carry out the orders before he advanced towards them.

The bullet managed to catch where her tigh would be; leaving a blood trail along her tail. A red liquid poured from the fresh wound, mixing in with the excess water beneath her. Since a silwer bullet was used- along with the effects of the Eclipse- there was alot of pain in her expression. Though if the bullet had even grazed any other vampire, they would've turned to ash. Luckily for her silver wasn't a sirens weakness.
"Let's get her somewhere safe."
Without orders Akuma scooped her up- tail and all- smearing his shirt with the blood.
Strangling a scrunch of Akuma's shirt they saw her still for a moment. Asif she was thinking. Jaw dripped open, she looked up. Eyes so clouded with hunger she hadn't realized that her gaze had landed on Kaname. A looming pair of dark blue-almost voilet- eyes lit her face. Fangs bared.
Whether she was drooling or not she couldn't remember but it sure made her obvious.

"She needs blood," Principal Yamato was sure one for the obvious.
"Let's hurry back to the school buildings, it's too dangerous to treat her here." Strongly Kaien persisted. Realizing that who knows how many vampires were on Cross Academy grounds tonight- it would be dangerous to even hypothetically give her blood. Atleast without attracting any unwanted visitors. His pacifist ideology was yet to reach all vampires afterall.