Chapter 13

"Oh were we interrupting something?" Shu Sakamaki commented with a monotone voice and raised brow.

With a glance Kaname realized how this would look- not just for him but for the Chairman's reputation. With one final look of longing he let her go, "Not at all."

As Luna took her first few steps down the stairs- a wind blew the clouds along the dark painted sky. A total Lunar Eclipse would climax tonight, leaving the Siren without much power or strength on land. She looked up at the dark emptiness that was the night sky. In moments the last slither of the moon dissapeared. She lost her balance. Crashed into the stair railings to keep herself from falling down. Immediately Katsuo and Akuma ran to her aid.

Never in the history of her powers has she felt this weak before. Usually she was just a bit more tired than usual. But that was it. No passing out or weakened powers or anything of the sort.

Soon she felt a hand on her shoulder. It was without question that the two had escorted her back down the stairs. The way she had looked at the sky and the total lack of the silver moon said enough. Now the only light was that of the lanterns and candles that warmly painted the cobblestone.

All too fimiliar with this, the Kagetsu group assumed their positions. The spirit with the long black hair had found a seat away from the crowd and few followed after them. Yukari had manage to snatch a glass of champagne from the food table and jogged along. Five of the six pureblood brothers stayed behind as the youngest joined the rest of the class.

All this commotion attracted the attention of the higher ranking aristocrats. Senri couldn't help but drag the two girls closer to check on Luna. The memory of that night came into his mind- even if she had caused the injuries, she had still helped him. Even going so far as to offer some of her blood.

When the girl with distinct feline features rushed past them he stopped her. "Hey sorry we just want to know if she'll be okay?"
"Probably but just incase: do you happen to know where the closest body of water is? Something like a pool maybe."
"There's a pond not too far from here?" Shiki awnsered suspiciously.
Out of nowhere Zero appeared next to the cat-like girl. He had been listening from close-by and was somewhat worried about what had happened.

"I'll take you there."
Granted Zero wanted to rip the pureblood limb from limb he knew not to pursue the King with his army protecting him. As he reached them it seemed asif the girl had lost all awareness. "Follow me; the pond isn't far from here."
"Yukari and I will go the rest of you should stay here."
"I'll come too."
"Me too!" Kanato puffed.
"Fine Akuma but no one else ok. That counts for you too Kanato Someone go get the Headmasters." And so the 4 of them set off with Zero's lead. They went through the rose garden to continue on towards the woods.

The man-made pond was rectangler, surrounded with wild roses. The water sparkled with reflections of the stars above. At first sight of the water Yukari shook off her shoes to scrambled inside. The boy followed suit after setting their friend on the cold concrete ledge. Zero stood in watch as the unconscious lifted up to be placed in the water. Both Yukari and Katsuo were torso deep soaked inside the water.
From the first contact made with her skin- it glowed. In no time the whole of the pond glowed brightly asif the sun was reflecting inside it. A beautiful blue sun brighter than the moon.

"Come on, wake up Luna."
Akuma prayed that she wasn't too weak. That she would wake up.
Zero was worried too, wondering if he should leave to kick Kaname's ass. "Why did she pass out like that?" Zero asked never taking his eyes off the scene.
"Not sure. But I think tonight's Eclipse has something to do with it.
That idiot, she knew when the Eclipse was tonight and she still came out."
Both kept their eyes on the sky- darker than usual.

Back at the party a glow in the distance painted the trees blue. Leaving the guests with suspicions. Even more unsettling was the presence that approached. An intimidating man carrying a pistol on his back made his way towards the festivities. "A Vampire Hunter? What is your business here?"
Kaname spoke calmly as he assessed the man.
"Calm down I'm not here for any of you. I'm searching for Zero Kiryu."

"Well then: Hanabusa, Akatsuki will you please escort this man. If I'm not mistaken Zero is in the rose garden."
"I'll go alone." With a stoic demeanor in tact the man continued his journey towards the back garden.
If he didn't have a vampire on his list they had nothing to worry about. Afterall Hunter's are only allowed to kill vampire on the Association's orders or with good reason. Toga Yagari wasn't fond of following Hunter Association orders but was curious after Kaien explained the situation.

As he walked an amble pace a luminescent light up ahead caught his attention. There was a body in the water- it was glowing before a shimmer of a scales appeared. Gasping for air the person woke up coughing.
"Thank god," Katsuo rang from behind the scaley girl. Her hair and dress were drenched along with the two who came along.

"What the hell?"

Zero turned as he recognized the voice his heart practically in his throat. Akuma stood defensively voice grating, "Who the hell are you?"

"Toga Yagari-" Luna's lungs grasped for more air; speaking his name. Grabbing onto the concrete her two floaties let go and got out. More heavy breathing filled the air before the onii boy grabbed onto a pair of arms- dragging her up and out of the water. She sat on the ledge- tail drooping.
"Indeed. I'm from the Hunter Association."

"You are not going to kill Zero.
I won't let you."
Toga pulled back on his feet. Raising an eyebrow. Confusion crossed the students faces. Although she was dazed and weak she was trying to stand up to this man.
Before the Hunter could awnser
she sat up and pulled Zero by the hand and threw him into the water. She pushed herself back in too. Water thrashed below them and they saw iridescent,milk toned hands wrap around Zero.
Metallic clanking came from the pistol as he readied and aimed at the boy in the water. "So is he a Level-E yet?"

"Level E?" Faintly unaware of the title they looked to their hybrid friend who's eyes were wide. Yukari warned the Wereboy and the Onii to keep their distance. They were aware that the Hunter Association used silwer bullets which were deadly to both werewolves and vampires and one of the only weaknesses to Onii.
"I have no idea whats going on but you need to put that away,"
The calm Katsuo didn't want
blood on his hands tonight.

Triggering the shot Luna pulled Zero under the water in attempt to confuse the shooter. A ringing sound shot thought the air and the vibration of the bullet could be felt entering the water.
"What the hell are you insane!" The group frantically searched the water for movement. Nothing. Not even the slightest ripple moved through the pond.

Underneath the water crust Zero opened his eyes. The faintest sound of the bullet hit the water but he didn't feel any pain. Although a fimiliar red liquid did leak around them. And there she was floating infront of him. The glow from earlier had ceased entirely. Floating hair framed her head.
Her skin had almost a transparent sheen to it, scales poking out from under her dress. When her eyes met his he could've sworn he saw an ocean in them. Something of a whisper called out. A voice so tender he could've drowned in it.

In seconds he was back outside the waters. His breaths jumped rapidly as he sat up shivering on the concrete expelling the water from his lungs.

"You took things too far!"
A flamboyant voice called out ,running towards them were two men. "This is why I hate Vampire Hunters," Spoke Yamato aka Kagetsu's Principal as Kaien yanked the pistol from the Hunter. Checking if his students were unharmed he assessed the only injury was Luna's tail. Subaru managed to inforn both Headmasters before any more shots were fired.

Back at the party the Kagentsu vampires were anxious about the smell of blood as well as the gunshot.
The Cross Academy Aristocrats were even more anxious realizing that the Vampire Hunter must be involved.

All this worry and Takuma has barely touched his piece of cake.