Drarry - Hurt Ankle

It was a sunny day in mid April. Draco and Harry had been stuck inside all week working, but now it was Saturday and finally they got to go out.

Harry drove them to the park, where Harry was going to teach Draco football. Yes, football. It took a lot of persuasion and bribery, but now they were out of the house Draco was actually rather enjoying it.

Draco's forehead scrunched as he made an effort to remember the things Harry was explaining to him. He was sure he would forget everything, but it didn't matter because he knew that Harry wouldn't care.

_____________________________________

Draco passed the ball to Harry, realising his mistake as he watched the ball speed away, he watched helplessly as he noticed at the last minute what Harry had not as he twisted to receive the badly passed ball. Harry, his foot in a divot, turning to kick the ball back felt pain shoot from his ankle into his leg. He screamed in pain and shock as he fell onto the muddy grass.

Draco watched Harry fall, frozen in shock; but as he screamed, Draco ran over as fast as he could and skidded to his knees on the ground next to him.

"Merlin, Merlin Harry talk to me"

He rolled Harry over and saw that his boyfriend's face was white and he was chewing on his lip in pain, drawing blood.

"Stop" he said, indicating towards Harry's lip.

He helped Harry sit up, leaning his back against his arm, and kissing him on the forehead, right over his scar.

"Harry, what hurts?" He asked.

"My ankle, I don't think it's broken though."

"Okay, what's your pain on a scale of one to ten, one being no pain and ten being unmanageable."

"Five and a half."

Draco looked concerned, but chuckled a little despite the situation; trust Harry to be difficult in every situation, but that was still worrying, Harry's pain tolerance was normally pretty high.

"Okay," he said to Harry "I'm gonna take your shoe off and feel around a bit."

"Okay." Came the barely audible reply.

Draco eased Harry's trainer off carefully, still earning a few gasps from him. He rolled Harry's sock down, and his jeans up a bit, so he could see his ankle.

Draco gasped, it was purple and swollen. He gently placed his fingers in a couple of spots, pressing down lightly. Harry gasped a few times, but there were no outright screams of pain again, so Draco deduced that Harry was right, his ankle was not broken, but sprained; and pretty badly at that.

"It's ok, it's just sprained, but I can't fix it with magic unfortunately, so we'll have to get to the car and patch you up at home, can you do that?"

"Yes"

With lazy and wandless magic, Draco banished Harry's shoe back home, and lifted his boyfriend up, supporting him all the way to the car.

_______________________________________

Draco half led half carried Harry into their sitting room and sat him down of the sofa. He jogged into the other room and found a bottle of water, some pills, bandages and an ankle brace.

He handed Harry the water and insisted he drink some and take the painkillers. He flicked his wand in an almost careless way and the dirt was siphoned off of Harry's clothes and face.

He slipped the ankle brace on Harry's foot and started winding the bandages around it. When his foot was a white marshmallow, Draco sat down beside him. Harry looked at his foot and then over at Draco.

"Did you do that without magic?" He asked

"Yes of course I did, why?"

"Where did you learn to do that? I wouldn't know that?"

Draco sighed and looked over at his boyfriend.

"I took a Muggle first aid course because we all know how clumsy you are and some things you just can't fix with magic."

Harry looked impressed

"Maybe I need to take one of those."

Draco nodded. "We could sign you up to one if you want."

"But for now you need to rest, how about we watch something. A movie?"

"Can we watch The Lion King?"

"But don't you cry at that every single time? And anyway, you have to have watched that fifty times already."

"Yep, and fourty four if you must know."

"Fine. Fine, but only because you're injured."

"Yay!!!! I love you Draco!"

"Love you too Harry."