year two: an angry father

Start from the beginning

"Who's excited for Christmas?" asked Cormac, trying to break the silence.

"I'm going to miss my friends." admitted Hope, looking away from the window. "George gave me my birthday gift though."

"Let me see." Cormac admired the book in her hands "It's quite nice."

Alfie looked up from his book and muttered. "Disgusting."

"What's your problem?"

"My 12-year-old sister is sleeping around with a 14-year-old, I'm totally happy." the Lupin boy grumbled.

Hope's eyes widened. "Woah, woah, woah. I am not sleeping around with anyone."

"Sure seems like it, Sis."

The McLaggen boy leaned into Hope. "At least he doesn't know you sleep in his bed."

"You what?!"

The girl raised his hand and started smacking Cormac. "I'm going to kill you, McLaggen."

"Sorry, sorry." he apologized. "I didn't think he'd hear me!"

"My sister is a whore. You're going to ruin our family name. Are you stupid?" the brother rambled on. "Did you atleast use protection?"

"I'm not having sex!"

Cormac looked to his best friend. "She's not sleeping around, Alf. Just takes naps in their room."

"Don't defend her! You're such a whore, Hope." he yelled some more. "Just like Dad."

Hope stood up and hit her brother in the nose. "You deserved that." and as her older brother bent over in pain. "I'm finding Ced."

The Lupin household held an awkward silence once Alfie and Hope had gotten home

The Lupin household held an awkward silence once Alfie and Hope had gotten home. It didn't take long for Remus and Lyall to notice either. Hope and Lyall were sitting in the kitchen telling her grandfather all that had happened.

Hope pulled out a picture of her and George. "This is George, he's my friend. He got me a book, see?"

"Now, you and George are together?"

"No, Grandpa." she laughed. "Just friends."

"Are you sure?" Lyall questioned. "You seem pretty tight."

Remus walked into the kitchen, a brown-haired boy following. "Hope, your friend's here."

"Ced!" she jumped up, giving him a hug. "I'm glad you made it."

"I wouldn't miss it for the world, J." laughed Cedric. "Thank you for letting me over, Mister Lupin."

Hope grabbed Cedric by the hand. "Come on, I have some books upstairs."

As Remus watched his daughter run up the stairs with the boy, his face turned into a scowl. Lyall let out a booming laugh as he drank his tea.

"Your little girl is growing up." the grandfather spoke through his laughter. "Which boy is that, Remus?"