Episode 62: Au Revoir

"Tomorrow's your last day in Paris, how are you feeling?"

Staring out the window at the dark night sky, Emily took a sip of her wine before she answered Talia.

"I'd be lying if I said I'm happy about leaving. I'm really gonna miss it here."

Her manager nodded from the other side of the phone even though she couldn't see her. She understood where her heart was at but Emily Pinault was no ordinary person. She was an actress and held many responsibilities which came along with the title. There have been and will always be incidents of those pressing matters taking precedence over her own personal desires.

It was just the way life worked in this industry.

It didn't help that the man by her side was also a figure of great importance.

Nicholas' time was as precious as gold to others and for him to take a week out dedicated to only them really showed Talia how much he cherished Emily.

It was heartwarming.

Really.

To look at how far they have come from the unstable road on which they had started out on was gratifying. And undoubtedly admirable as well.

It really was hard work and dedication that made a relationship last long.

"I have to say Nicholas really is commendable. He has made someone like you become a total putty in his hands over the span of months."

Emily smiled to herself as she pulled her knees to her chest on the chair.

She had a good idea of what her manager meant. Even when she had first started seeing Jake, there hadn't been such a fast level of development.

But then again, Nicholas and him were different species.

"I never thought something that started out so wrong between the two of you could become like this. I've never seen you this happy in a long time." She said truthfully.

"He's the right kind of wrong I guess."

Talia stumbled in her thoughts for a second at the words.

"That's a beautiful way of putting it. I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay though because as soon you're back you'll be having your dress fitting for the premiere among other things. So brace yourself."

"That sounds more like Talia Shaw that I know."

She chuckled, "Can't help it. Even I thought I was getting a bit too invested back there. I'll say my goodbyes now."

"I'll be bringing back goodies so you have something to look forward to."

Talia's interest peaked. "What is it?"

"I'll show you when I get back."

She scoffed before saying in an end-of-discussion type of tone, "Have a safe flight, Emily."

The conversation came to an end as the girl returned a soft "goodbye" and hung up the phone.

The device almost fell out of her palm as she felt cold fingertips brush the nape of her neck. She felt goosebumps cover her skin at the sensation but she couldn't help the heat that came with knowing who it was.

"I hope you were referring to me when you said those words earlier. Because if that's not the case, I'll be terribly heartbroken."

Nicholas swept her hair back, exposing her bare shoulder. His fingers brushed against her skin and the brunette fought back a shiver. His lips twitched as he concealed a smile at her honest reaction.