Episode 7: The Calm Before the Storm

During the next couple days, the scandal between Starz Entertainment's actresses had already been replaced by newer and more interesting headlines. While at the same time, Jake and Stella's rumors had been covered up by the company's PR team - the hype of entertainment news always dissipated as quickly as it appeared.

However, due to Emily's responsible standpoint on the entire issue and her shouldering all the blame, she had gained a huge number of new fans. These fans were now streaming online for Emily's old movies and T.V. shows and signing petitions for her to have new projects.

In the span of a week Emily's popularity had skyrocketed and fans began to push her to be casted for a new series on Metflix, one of the world's largest internet company by revenue.

Stella was feeling inconvenienced by her sudden rise to marketability. But Jake had no choice than to take on the deal for Emily when she was finally offered it per her influential fans' request. If he had declined, the same fanbase would throw a fit, not to mention how such a big company would feel insulted and most likely resort to boycotting all their future negotiations.

Slowly but surely, Emily Pinault was making a comeback to the showbiz industry.

The news of Emily making her first appearance in two years didn't miss the ears of Nicholas. A T.V. series with Metflix was just a stepping stone for Emily. He knew she was capable of so much more. However, an achievement was an achievement so he immediately made a phone call to her, "Congratulations on your new show."

Emily gave a gentle laugh, "To be praised by Mr. King himself, to what do I owe the honour?"

Nicholas shrugged off his jacket and took a seat in his chair. He swiveled around and faced the many skyscrapers and busy traffic of New York City.

"You flatter me, Mrs. King."

Emily's cheeks heated up at the use of her married name.

He had never addressed her so adoringly before.

Admittedly, their relationship had made it pass the stages of awkwardness where she was feeling at ease around him. She no longer thought twice about addressing him nor throwing in a snide remark here and there. But the speed at which he was going was five times hers. Nicholas King treated her so well she wanted to tear up sometimes. Originally she thought he was a cold, heartless man but with the past few weeks she has come to see a gentler side of him. He was attentive, caring and most of all - he treated her like his lawful wife.

It all seemed like such a fairytale to her.

To score the man of her dreams and restore her career that had once been burnt to the ground.

Emily really loved acting.

Since she was eleven years old, she had fallen in love with talented actresses such as Katharine Hepburn, Meryl Streep, Ingrid Bergman, Halle Berry and Whoopi Goldberg to name a few. She aspired to be like them with her natural aptitude for acting.

Throughout her years of attending Julliard as an alumni, Emily was constantly praised for her skills, especially her ability to cry on demand.

The coaches had already seen a bright future for her in the industry and made great efforts to see to it that she was made a star.

Fast forward four years later, Emily Pinault's name was on the tongue of every director in the business. With her bagging the most prestigious awards such as a Drama Desk Award, People's Choice Award, Critics' Choice Movie Award, Tony Award and finally a Golden Globe Award at such a young age, they all wanted to work with her.