Episode 12: Lovers Fight

Suprise update because I couldn't wait. Enjoy! :)

Episode 12: Lovers Fight

How long does one spend in jail for strangling her husband to death?

Emily was seriously eager to find out as she glared at the potential victim, her eyes flashing.

She couldn't believe he had been that damn daft as to disclose such personal information to her parents.

More importantly, after she had been pleading to him with her eyes not to do so.

If he hadn't processed what she was hinting at, then it would have been fine.

She wouldn't be feeling the urge to gorge his eyes out with a spoon at the moment, but he was a brilliant man.
An incredibly sly man, at that.

Nicholas had stared her straight in the eyes, his brain decoding the message simultaneously.

He chose, at the end of the day, to give a response of a blank response, as if he hadn't understood a thing–when she had already seen it in his expression that he had!

It was done deliberately by him based on the look of satisfaction he was feasting on from her parents who sat there astounded.

This little piece of–

Emily finally capitulated to the enemy beside her by kicking him on his shin underneath the table.

This time his howl of pain couldn't be suppressed.

Still being the insistent person he was, Nicholas tried to be slick and released series of coughs.

Emily's parents never took their eyes of their daughter during all of the theatrics, however.

"What do you mean that you're married?"

It was her father.

This was the first time he had spoken since he was here.

His tone was rough and aggrieved.

A tenebrous shadow pulled over his face as his mouth made a thin line.

He wasn't amused by what she had said.

"I..."

Emily sighed when she kept coming up short.

This was all Nicholas' fault!

He caught her off guard and now she was tongue tied.

The culprit peeped at her sideways.

Nicholas didn't feel guilty about what he had done. Her parents deserved to know the fact that she had gotten married. Albeit, it would've been great if she had been the one who broke the news to them. But what was done was done. Plus, Nicholas didn't feel her relaying this piece of information would've happened any time sooner than what was practicable.

It was better to do it now since they were all gathered here anyway.

It was very convenient in his opinion.

"I am." Emily finally yielded as she relinquished all thoughts of lying her way out of this one.

If she had done that, it would be an insult not only to Nicholas, but to herself.

She had been the one that proposed this marriage and it was about time she took responsibility for it.

If she couldn't do it at great heights like revealing it to the public, she could at least divulge the union to her parents.