Episode 52: A Million Times Over

A/N: To those who keep asking or have been wondering if we're nearing the end of this book my answer to you is HECK NO! Based on the scribbled notes for this plot we've probably only covered 2/3 of this book. If there isn't a second one for E&N in the series like I'm intending then we'd only be halfway there.

Anyway, I love you all to the moon and back. 💕

Have a sexy time reading ;)

Episode 52: A Million Times Over

It had been a blissful blur as they made their way back to the hotel. Neither of them could focus with the palpable tension which had formed around them the moment they left the theatre. From the minute they sat inside the SUV, the couple rode in mutual silence to their initial destination.

Shangri-La Hotel boasted a modern architecture balanced with classic French furnishing. As they were escorted by a manager who greeted Nicholas amicably by the front doors, the interior revealed more styles, complemented with elegant Asian touches throughout.

Emily felt her mouth curved in appreciation of the decor, especially the nice centre touch of the chandelier in the foyer.

"Mr. King, it's with utmost pleasure that I welcome you to the Shangri-La Hotel. We're confident that our establishment has the facilities to make your stay here with this young lady very memorable." The middle-aged man indicated to the front desk where a female receptionist looked at them expectantly. "All the procedures have already been done online. Now all you have to do is check in here and enjoy the rest of your stay."

"I'll have my assistant take care of that," he replied coolly and beckoned to David who was busy helping Christian show the bellman to the luggage. The man strode hurriedly over to Nicholas. "Please handle the final steps in getting us checked in. Emily and I are feeling a little jet lagged so we'll see ourselves to the suite."

What? Emily looked up at him beneath her lashes with a frown. I don't recall telling him that I'm tired.

If anything, she hadn't felt more awake in her entire life after his proposal.

Noticing her uncomfortable shifting at his assumption, her husband squeezed her hand tightly making her stiffen. Not because it hurt, but because of how reassuring it felt. As if he was telling her to relax. He knew exactly what he was doing.

David nodded as he went over to speak to the receptionist.

Nicholas then turned to the manager who stood beside them like an obedient lamb. "Keys."

"Ah," he scuffled around and reached over to the desk to grab the card. "Please do enjoy your stay here." The man bidded as he handed over the key to their room.

"Yes, thank you for your assistance."

With that, Nicholas wrapped his arm around Emily's small figure and guided her to the elevator. She felt the sparks his touch brought and her breathing quickened. It was silly of her to still be so affected by him doing the bare minimum. Even so, her heart couldn't function properly when he was holding her with great care.

Moreover, it was torture when the two of them entered the enclosed space to go up to their floor and he still hasn't neglected letting her go.

Overwhelmed by a thousand emotions, Emily folded her arms strategically to break his hold and shuffled away from him.

He looked at her oddly.

"Are you okay?"

She cleared her throat as the temperature in the elevator seemed to rise drastically at the sound of his velvety voice.