Chapter 3

Yasmin and I's sleepovers on weekends, consisted of popcorn, a big quart of Ben and Jerry's Rocky Road ice cream for the both of us, a great selection of red wine, old sitcoms and gossip about our coworkers.

I'd stay in my onesie and she'd be in her bunny print pajyma pants and an oversized shirt. She sat on the carpet in front of the couch I sat on.We were watching an episode of George Lopez and just ate for awhile.

My best friend is beautiful. She is 5'5, she has long dark wavy hair, she has the shape of an hourglass, so she wasn't skinny. She has big eyes and her skin was always perfect. She always had a flock of guys running after her. The problem was, she didn't know how to choose the right ones.

"Did I tell you, I met this really cute guy. My mom introduced him to me."

Yasmin's parents had been divorced for nearly 18 years, and for all those 18 years, she never spoke to her birth mother. When she turned 13, her dad remarried a black woman named Valerie. They moved into her peaceful old neighborhood a few months later, and she's been calling her mom ever since.

"He's black, he has THE cutest dimples, and the sexiest body."

" You saw his body already?"

"I could see it through his shirt. Don't slut shame me, little miss one night stand."

We laughed.

"Anyway, what are you going to do about him?" She asked.

"Nothing. It was a mistake. Besides. It's not like I see him outside of work."

"That dick didn't feel like a mistake did it?"

I ignored her and ate some ice cream.

"Let's just watch Mean Girls." I responded.

Once Thursday came around, I decided to wear the sexiest yet appropriate pencil skirt (I had to show off my only asset)and a see through red shirt (Of course I wore an spaghetti undershirt). The holidays were coming up. I had to look the part. I added a gold bulk chain necklace and a gold charm bracelet. I wore some simple black flats. I curled my hair and wore light make up. I looked damn good.

I guess I wanted to show him what he was chasin.

"Well, you look good today. I see the effort. With all that ass, he'll forget what your name is." She said smacking it.

I laughed and put my coat and scarf on. We decided to carpool and when we got off, I'd drop her off.

Once we got there, I got no stares. I was kinda disappointed. I guess everybody was already too busy to pay attention to my bangin outfit. Their loss.

I put my stuff down and sat at my desk.

"James! This isn't a fucking spa. Where is the report on our case's monatery value records from last year?!" Mr. Sawyer screamed.

I grabbed the papers and handed them to him.

"Here." He replied handing me a usb drive. "Go to Mr. Park's office. Tell him the costs for the international commercial are on there. When you come back, I need you to start writing on a new proposal."

"I finished writing one on friday!" I insisted.

"Don't cross me James." He responded and walked away.

"Ass hole." I said as he walked away.

I took the elevator to the C.O.O's office. I felt nervous. I knocked on his door and he said to come in.

He got up as soon as he saw me.

His office was very clean, very organized and had just the right amount of statement.

His eyes glimmered as I excused myself from intertupting him.

"Here is the usb from the marketing department."

I placed it on his desk and started walking away quickly.

I heard his steps increase and I felt my arm being midly yanked and it turned me around.

He leaned in for a kiss, but I turned my face the other way. He tried to kiss me from that side, but I moved my face to its original position.

You would think he'd give up, but no. He backed me against the wall. He softly pushed my chin up, as I was looking down. My chin was always my soft spot.

He finally posed his lips on mine. His soft pink lips generally expanded and we started toungue kissing. I grabbed his face and we continued to kiss. I kissed his top lip and it gave me goosebumps. He kissed my bottom lip and gave me a love bite. It felt so good.

But then I snapped back to reality. I took my hand away from him, I buttoned up my shirt so that the hickeys couldn't be seen. I fixed my hair and he looked at me.

"I thought you wanted to?" He asked me.

"I barely know you. I could never--do what we did again 'casually'. I'm not easy. Have a good day, sir."

I walked away with my heart pounding and legs shaking.

"May I ask you on a date then?" He asked me.

"I--I--why?"

He laughed.

"Most times, when I ask women out, they jump at the opportunity. They never ask why."

This guy's ego is unbelievable.

"There's a first time for everything."

He analyzed me.

"Fine." I thought to myself. "I'll give you a ride for your money."

I smirked.

"So?" He asked.

"Fine. I will meet you at The Peir tomorrow at 8."

"You don't want me to pick you up?"

"I have my own car. If there is nothing left, I will take my leave."

He nodded and I left his office.