Chapter 2

"Oh my God! You screwed the C.O.O.?" Yasmin told me the next day at work. "You hit the jackpot! I never knew you were into asians!"

"Can you not be so loud please?" I asked her as I saw our coworkers staring at her. "And how the hell did I end up in bed with him?"

"How should I know? One minute I see you flirting with him at the bar, the next, you're kissing him, then you lead him out of the club. But then again, it was a blur."

"I---led him out?"

"Yup, you little horn ball, you. Anyway, how was he? Is it true what they say about asians?"

"No, he has the body of a god. Like, Channing Tatum sexy. And no, his thing is massive. It left me sore for the rest of the day when I got home. It was----"

"Shh! He's coming this way!" She said interrupting me.

Before I even had a chance to react, he reached Yasmin and I's office quarter.

He didn't say anything. He stared at my face for a minute and walked away.

My name is Alina James. I am 26 years old and I am African-American. I work at one of the best law firms in New York named Shoelman and Forbes. I work under the marketing team with Yasmin. She's white but grew up in a neighborhood full of black folks.

It's very out of my character to sleep with someone I don't know. Really. But I needed it. I hadn't had any in 2 years.

The marketing section of the building was situated next to the administration section. The administration included customer service on the phone and secretaries that connected others to specific lawyers. Yes. The secretaries did not have their own space near the big guys.

"James! Get off your ass, take these folders to administration and take the rest to Mr. Forbes."

"Yes, sir."

He was an ass hole, but he decided how much I should get paid since he was the head of the department. His name was Michael Sawyer. He was in his early 40's and lost most of his hair from angry fits and stress. He was also Mr. Forbes' greatest kiss ass.

I walked over to administration and handed the folders and took the elevator to the second to last floor.

Keep in mind that there were 22 floors. I was on the 11th. Why do rich folks always gotta be high up? They already at the top of the food chain.

I listened to the soft but irritating elevator music until the elevator stopped on the 15th floor. Ironically, the C.O.O got on. It felt like a cheesy movie. I moved to the right and stood on the corner of the wide elevator.

He smirked. This guy had a huge ego. I couldn't look at his face anymore.

"We meet again."

I smiled awkwardly.

"My name is Chris Park." He said holding out his hand.

I desperately looked at the screen indicating what floor we were on, hoping the ride would be faster. How long does it take for an elevator to travel 5 floors?

It was so hard for me to tell him my name and shake his hand because I was still embarrassed. Most of the time, when you have a one night stand, you don't see that person again.

"I..." I said shaking his hand.

The doors opened.

"Gotta work." I finished.

I quickly left the elevator and made a right. He did too. I picked up my pace, but he didn't. We walked down a hallway and we soon found ourselves in front of Forbes' office.

He opened the door. I gave him a look.

"Ah...Hello Alina." Forbes said.

He knew my name now.

"Good morning, sir. These are the documents you requested from Mr. Sawyer."

"Good."

I started to walk towards the door.

"One more thing, Alina."

I turned around.

"I don't think you've met our new C.O.O. Chris, meet Alina James. Alina, meet Chris Park."

"We met in the elevator sir." I responded with a fake smile.

"Extensively." He said with a smirk again.

I squinted my eyes with disgust.

"If there's nothing else." I said shortly before leaving.

Before closing the door, I heard a little of what they said.

"You better not try anything. She is one of the only remaining good employees we have left."

"Not in bed." He responded.

"What?" Forbes asked.

I closed the door.