Chapter 14

Over the course of the next 2 weeks, the police visited Chris acouple times to talk about the car that hit him. It was finally time for him to leave the hospital. I hadn't visited to him the days leading to his discharge because of work.

I helped him take out the bandages out around his head and arm. His arm still hurt at little, so I put him in his best clothes and shoes.

"Can you take me to the company please?" He asked.

"Chris, you should go home and talk to your mom."

"No. I need to go to the company for 15 minutes and then we could leave."

Reluctantly, I agreed. And after filing his papers, we left to his company. Once we got there and went inside the building, he sent an automatic email to all the employees in my dept. to meet in the grand lobby in front of his office. Once everyone got there, he started speaking.

"Thank you to all those who sent get well baskets to me while I was in the hospital. They did not go unnoticed. But I have a pressing matter to discuss: Alina James."

Chatter and whisper started roaming around.

"There have been rumors about a romantic relationship between the 2 of us and I would like to put those rumors at rest."

My heart started being fast.

"She is my girlfriend." He continued, looking straight at me. "And I love her very much."

The whispers became louder.

"If any of you feel an obligation to act differently to her because she is my woman, please do not worry, as we leave our relationship outside of the company doors. I wish everyone not to dwell on this matter anymore. Thank you."

Everyone in the room had something to say, as they were taking the elevators to go back to their posts.

I grabbed Chris' hand and went in his office.

"Are you crazy?" I asked him."They'll start acting different towards me."

"I wanted to show you that I am really in love with you." He then wispered into my ear: "You liked it didn't you?"

I coyly smiled.

"Do you wanna come over to my house for a coffee?" I asked him.

"Is this code for something?" He asked, eyebrows raised.

"Calm down. I am not interested in your soldiers yet."

I grabbed his hand, left his office, left the building and went to my house. Winter had just left and the weather was just beautiful. I took off my sweater and flats and went in the kitchen. He took off his sweater and left his sneakers there too. He sat on a stool and faced my back. I was busy brewing the coffee.

"What else do you have planned for me today? Aside from coffee?"

I turned around slowly, holding a cup of coffee in my hand.

"Maybe watch a movie, Do some excercises, Work."

He walked straight towards me, picked me up, and put me on the tabletop. He leaned in for a kiss but I moved my head away from his face.

"Right." He said, disappointed.

"It's just...I...You broke my heart. And...and honestly, I don't know if I can trust you with my body...the way I used to."

"You don't trust me anymore?" He asked.

"I do. But things aren't just gonna go back to normal immediately."

"Alina, You think I don't know that?" He asked, getting impatient. "But I'm trying." He moved away. "I'm not gonna force you to do something you don't want to do, but I want my girlfriend to trust me. With sex or anything else."

He grabbed his jacket to proceed to head out the door.

"You don't get to walk away. All you do is walk away. I'm tired of waiting on your approval for everything. When we broke up, I cried and cried and cried because you broke my heart and now you expect me to just act like everything is all rainbows and sunshine?"

He dropped his jacket.

"Alina, I said I was sorry."

"WELL IT'S NOT ENOUGH!" I screamed and then calmed down. "It's not enough, ok? Neither is that announcement you made at the office. I appreciated it, but it wasn't enough."

I walked in the living room and sat on the couch. He followed me afterwards.

"I...I know I was an ass hole and I know I should've made you feel more special when I should've. I really do love you and I can't see my life without you in it."

He got up to leave.

"Don't leave." I told him. "I love you too."

He put his jacket away, and closed the door.