year two: hufflepuffs and duelling clubs

Start from the beginning

Hope sat in the dark yellow chair in the Hufflepuff common room, Cedric sitting across from her on the floor. Both of them had notepads and muggle pens from one of the Muggle-borns in Hufflepuff.

"These 'pens' are amazing." she admired the pen as it wrote out ink easily. "Wizards should take notes on muggles."

"So, this Chamber of Secrets has a monster in it?" asked Cedric.

Hope sighed. "That's what legend says."

"A monster of Slytherin?"

Her eyes shot up. "Basilisk."

"But where would it be kept? I feel like we would know if a Basilisk was in a corridor." Cedric pointed out.

"Not if it's in the chamber." she said in a sing-song voice. "But, wouldn't Mrs. Norris be dead? If you look into a Basilisk's eyes, you're a goner."

"Mrs. Norris was merely petrified."

Hope looked to her friend. "Colin Creevy too."

"Another?" he exclaimed. "Now, why isn't Colin dead?"

"Beats me." she sighed once again. "So, we are starting on a theory that the 'monster' is a Basilisk. But, who is the heir?"

Cedric furrowed his eyebrows. "Probably a Slytherin."

The Lupin girl rolled her eyes. "No, really? I thought it would've been a Ravenclaw that was heir to Slytherin."

"Shut up." the Hufflepuff laughed as he tossed a pillow, which Hope caught with ease.

"Why are boys idiots, Ced?"

He held a hand to his chest. "Hurtful, J."

"Not you, I'm talking about Ron and my brother." she made a disgusted face. "They're stupid."

"What happened?" questioned Cedric, showing interest.

Hope crossed her arms. "Alfie thinks he controls my life! And don't even get me started on Ronald."

"Weasley mad that you're lovey dovey with his brother?"

"What?"

Cedric raised his eyebrows. "Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about. You and George Weasley. The two of you are dating right?"

"No, George and I are just friends." she tried to assure him.

"Sure, and I'm a mermaid." Cedric began to make kissy faces.

Hope threw the pillow back at him, which hit him right in the face. "You guys have this spark, J. Like it's true love."

"True love isn't a thing."

Cedric rolled his eyes. "Fine, but he's quite good looking. Maybe you could date George and I could get the twin."

"Do you want me to throw another pillow?"