Epilogue

'Come on, Connie, you'll miss the train.' I say hurriedly to my daughter, who is pushing the trolley through King's Cross, just as me and her father did a long time ago now. Draco has hold of our youngest son, trying quite desperately to keep up with us. We reach the barrier and cross through to the platform, hurrying to put Connie onto the train.

I kiss her goodbye and watch her step away from us, looking back anxiously. 'Go on, the others will be here shortly, there's no need to worry.' She nods and sheepishly heads down the aisle of the carriage. First day jitters. 

Draco tugs at the sleeve of my blouse, nodding in a forward direction. I see the spectacles and give Harry a wave. He acknowledges me, before turning to Albus, who is also looking rather nervous before his first day. 

'Hey, did Connie make it onto the train alright?' Hermione's voice sounds from behind. I turn to face her, and we embrace.

'She's absolutely fine. Bit nervous but it will pass. I just hope she has half as much fun as we had all that time ago now.' I reply to her. Ron appears at her side; he shakes Draco's hand and stoops to kiss my cheek. The boys have been able to settle their differences since our days at Hogwarts.

Harry and Ginny join our side as the train pulls out of the station. 'They'll be alright.' I say to Harry, who seems beyond nervous. Ginny takes his hand, and he nods at me, smiling weakly. We decide to have a coffee together just outside the station before we head home. Draco and I are not far from London now; we both work at the Ministry, although we are in very different departments. I believe we hall stay in London for good now - we shall certainly never move into Malfoy manner, we have both made that clear to one another. Besides, Draco is no longer in touch with his mother and father, which is probably for the best.

After the battle of Hogwarts and the downfall of Voldemort, Hermione visited me by Floo network with Harry and Ron, informing me of the victory. The shock I felt when Harry came through the grate was surreal, and I wept and wept after his return.

Draco and I married just two years after this, when we were twenty, after we decided we simply could not lose one another again. Shortly after this, we had Connie, our first born. Three years later, we had Frederick. 

Now, thirteen years later, we are all united with one another, as close as ever, and the kids get along great too. If only Fred could have seen this - he would have been proud.