Chapter 54

Draco visited roughly last week, after we got home from Hogwarts, and came straight home with me and my mum. The week was a pretty relaxed one, and we hardly did anything but chill and replenish the time we had lost from our falling out and breaking up. That meant lying in bed for six of seven days and doing nothing. In all honesty, I couldn't be bothered to get up. The happenings near the end of the year had left me feeling wary and extremely cautious, and Draco knew it. So, we hardly moved. About half way through the week, my dad picked me, Draco and Morgan up, and, my little sister being so friendly with Draco, forced me to sit in the front whilst she sat in the back with Draco, which meant a whole two hour journey of complete awkwardness on my behalf.

'I still don't understand,' Draco had began as I stored my phone in my pocket and we left the house, so as to show him the area, 'how this works.'
'Electricity, Draco.'
'What the fuck is electricity?'
'Basically, it's what I always refer to as muggle magic, I kid you not, it's amazing! We can use the Internet and ring people and -'
'You are aware I have no idea what you are talking about, right?' Draco smirked, and I rolled my eyes. I'd guessed that it would take some getting used to for him, and it definitely did.

Presently, Draco is supposedly on his way to pick me up so we can go to his. We decided that we would spend the first week together, rekindling our relationship, a week apart, and then four days together at his house. He is, as always, travelling by Floo powder, and then we are travelling back to Malfoy Manor together. After discovering that my dad's house also has a fire grate, this method proved beyond practical. 'Dad?' I shout, staring out the window.
'Yes, Alyssia?' My dad's head appears around the door.
'If you hear a loud whoosh and bang, it will be Draco.'
'Is he here yet?' Morgan asks impatiently, coming into the room. I shake my head and sit down.

Almost as soon as I do so, the emerald flames erupt into fashion within the fire grate and the blonde hair comes spinning into view. My dad starts and jumps back, causing Morgan to howl with laughter, and I stand up as the body of Draco comes to a halt. I spring up and hug Draco in greeting, before my sister is embraced by Draco also, and shakes hands with my dad. 'Are you ready, then? My parents are so excited to see you.' He hands me a small handful of emerald green Floo powder, and, after I say goodbye to my family, I throw the powder into the fire grate, shouting, 'Malfoy Manor!'

Once I spiral into the dark room of the manor, and Draco follows me shortly later, within a few seconds, I see his parents loom into view. Draco puts his arm around my waist as Lucius greets me, followed by Narcissa. 'It's good to see you again.' Narcissa whispers, yet her voice sounds low, worried, and she is shaking. Narcissa is seldom as such. 'Pardon my asking, but is everything alright?' I ask slowly. Then, I feel something tap the back of my head, hear a voice mutter something, and I gasp slightly, hear a shout, and then everything goes black.

-*-

I wake up and the room is dark. I have no idea where I am. I scream and attempt to thrash around as silent tears begin to fall down my face, into my hair. I shout and I shout and I shout. Just when I don't think that I can scream any more, when I don't think my body can take any more, and it feels like my throat is being burned out of my body, a door creaks open, and little light floods into the room. I see four people step through the doors, and I try to silence my sobs, but I am still whimpering. 'Lyssa?' I hear a feeble voice call.

'Dr-Draco?' I sob, looking around. A match is struck and I see the faces loom into view. Narcissa, Lucius, Draco. Even in the yellow light of the candle, Draco looks beyond pale. 'What's - what's going on?'
'Lyssa -'
'Now, Draco, I'm sure you are well aware of who this is. I'm sure that Narcissa and Lucius are also aware, am I not mistaken?' The voice sends chills down my spine and causes a fire of worry to erupt in my stomach. You don't need to see the face to know who it is. Voldemort. 'Alyssia -'
'Correct. Now, I know that Draco knows this, but we hear a different story for your parents, don't we?' The white face looms into the candlelight, and my tears fall faster.