Chapter 21 - Healing

Start from the beginning

Omer, and without her words, guessed what she was called.

- I had no choice. And there was no money either. There were Mert and one-year-old babies in my arms. We left the familiar world and moved here, in the neighborhood, where no one knew us. Getting a job by profession was unrealistic. Yes, I did not want this. I wanted to become invisible to everyone. But it was necessary to raise children, and I undertook any work. ... That's the whole story.

"A terrible story," Omer spoke, digesting what he heard. "How did you manage to survive and deal with betrayal and devastation?"

"The children helped," Mirai simply answered. "They needed love, care, and a smiling mother."

"You are an incredible person," said Omer, from all his heart.

"Now I know where Mert has this nobility and concern for loved ones." Defne and I will try to help you find a decent job and other housing. Stop hiding in your shell. It's time to regain the life you deserve.

"Thank you," the woman's eyes brightened and sparkled like seawater in the sun.

Omer got up from the couch and, bowing his head, said goodbye.

"All the best, Madame Mirai." Waiting for Mеrt tomorrow afternoon in Passionis. See you later.

With a firm step, he went to the door and was almost at the threshold when the woman called him:

- Mr. Omer!

He looked around. She wrung her fingers, and the traces of the inner struggle were reflected on her face. Quickly licking her dry lips, she spoke:

"I want to say ... Defne was very lucky with her husband." Such as you in the world are few. But ... do you understand how hard it is for her now?

" I realize," he looked into her eyes.

"Then surround her with care." Show that your love is limitless and it will not be destroyed by the creeps of an obsessed bastard. Do not insist on intimacy, but give her warmth and tenderness. She needs it now. Be a man. Let her feel protected! - She fell silent and smiled guiltily. - I'm sorry that I loaded you with advice ... I just want what happened to not break Defne and not ruin your life.

Omer did not doubt her sincerity and good intentions. And he was grateful to her. He just could not say this - his throat was seized with a spasm. He nodded silently and went outside.

Serious and thoughtful, not even looking at the local gossipers, walked past them and got into the car.

"Sukru, to the office," he ordered, and tiredly put his head back at the seat.

***

- Hello!

Defne raised a surprised face to him and smiled.

- Omer? You did not say that you were going to come. Did something happen?

He went up to her and softly kissed the temple near the corner of her eye. There was no hint of passion in the kiss. Only tenderness and warmth.

"I missed you," he looked into her eyes and rubbed his nose against her nose. - I wanted to see you so much.

Light flashed in her sad, honey-brown eyes. She shyly touched the bristle on his chin. Then she pulled her hand away. But Omer caught it. He kissed the middle and pressed it to his cheek. Sitting on the table, he closed his eyes with pleasure.

- How good ... Your touch returns me strength.

- Tired? Defne asked sympathetically, and at the very heart, like someone shed warm honey. Breathing became freer, and the void narrowed its borders a little more.