Chapter 61.5 (Part III): The Nabu Island Conflict

The night seemed long and dismal as the villains delayed their next attack and the young heroes regrouped to try and assess the best way to handle the situation. After having your talk with Momo and parting ways for the mean time, you returned to the room where the critically injured were laid and walked in on the doctor and his aid helping the now awakening Ryu from his unconscious state.

"Ngh...my head..." Ryu groaned while rubbing his head as he sat up from the futon he was on and you walked towards him, catching his attention.

"How are you?" You asked as you knelt down next to him. "Any serious wounds?" You asked as he turned his sight away from you.

"Only my pride..." He said lowly before forcing himself up.

"W-Wait! Your almost completely out of energy! You should be resting to restore your strength." The doctor said as Ryu just ignored him and you stood up straight as well.

"Y/N, you have to be the one to defeat Cell." Ryu said as you were surprised by his statement.

"W-What are you saying? We're going to beat 'em together." You said as Ryu shook his head and stared down at the palm of his hand with a troubled look on his face.

"My power was absorbed almost completely by Cell...I'm not even sure I can transform at the moment. To give you an honest estimate, my current power matches that of the level I first manifested my quirk as a child." He said as you were shocked and your jaw dropped a little.

"B-But we couldn't transform until around middle school...this can't be..." You said as you clenched your fists in frustration and anger.

"There's no way around it. You have to defeat Cell alone. Here and right now." Ryu gave you the ultimatum as you gritted your teeth.

"This sucks..." You despaired over the thought

"As much as I hate it, I'll be useless in the up coming battle. The same with her as well." Ryu gestured towards 21 as you stared worryingly at her. "When they come at us, they're going to hit us with everything they've got, including Cell and that bastard who stole 21's power. Y/N, there's no other way." He said as stared at you intensely. "You have to fight them yourself and win." As you were visibly troubled by the thought.

"With Cell even more powerful than before, I don't know if I can win...I'm still getting back to normal after being released from Buu's clutches...What if I can't..." You trailed off as Ryu glared at you.

"You have to win." He said as you looked at him with unease as he held his serious gaze. "If you don't win, then we'll all die." He said before walking pass you.

"Where are you going?" You asked as he didn't answer and you followed him out the room.

Just walking over to the room next to the one you both were in previously, Ryu opened the door to reveal the small room Bakugo and Midoriya were unconscious in as you saw Mahoro standing over Midoriya and knelt next to him was Katsuma as a faint green glow shined around his hands which held Deku's wounded arm.

"First, we need to find out why the villains are here." Ryu said as the two of you stared at Katsuma.

"Right, they kept trying to take him, especially the villain with the mask around his mouth." You said as you remembered Nine pursuing the children.

As you walked towards them ready to ask questions however, a glowing green light surrounded Midoriya's body as you two were visibly stunned as it shined brightly before disappearing as Midoriya slowly opened his eyes.

"Incredible..." You uttered as Katsuma and Mahoro were both relieved that he was okay.

"Deku Nii-chan!" Mahoro cried out in relief as he turned his head to look at the children.