CHAPTER TWENTY

IRINA

we kept running, but not so fast that it was obvious and would draw attention.

we stopped where nobody was. "okay.." i said out of breath. "that could have gone better."

"i need to warn.. my friends."

"where?"

"stay here-"

interrupting lu was a siren and a bright light going off, forcing us to run again.

"go into the subway!" i yelled.

i pushed open a door and climbed through a broken gate, lu behind me.

we slowly walked, and found ourselves in sewage water that was about half a shin full.

we got out of the water and are now walking through a building but came to a halt when we saw all of the zombies.

lu took my hand and walked up to them, a smile was on her face.

carla, i think her name was, came up to us and said "lu, irina."

"..hi."

"we're ready for.. a fight."

"yeah, i can see that."

"s-soldiers coming. bonies.. closing in-"

interrupting lu (poor girl always gets interrupted), was bonies above us, breaking the glass dome.

i gasped and looked up in a panic.

we could hear the glass cracking as more bonies came and kept smashing the glass with stones.

"they're here now." carla spoke, looking up now too.

we all looked down and the three of us looked at each other.

"keep them out." lu spoke.

"we will." carla responded to her best friend before looking up at glass was cracking even more now, as it weakened a lot.

"run." carla didn't have to tell us twice.

we quickly began running through the crowd of zombies as we dodged glass falling from the ceiling.

bonies fell in and we could hear the fighting between the corpses and them.

me and lu vigorously ran, faster than we ever have before.

we were running on the baseball field but a boney was right behind us, and they were fast.

i quickly shot him while i was still running but another boney then showed up in his place.

i shot that one twice before he died.

me and lu ended up in a building, still running for our lives, when we heard another boney.

we also heard soldiers show up, so that was good, maybe.

"this way, come on!" i yelled at lu.

we were running still and before i knew it, a boney jumped on lu, tackling her to the ground.

i was about to shoot the boney on lu, when one tackled me. i let out a high pitched scream.

i saw the boney throw lu into a wall as i struggled and screamed under my own boney.

lu managed to smash her boney's head in before coming over and kicking the boney off of me.