CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

LUCRECIA

irina's friend was examining me very closely. "how'd you die?"

"i-i do-nt remem-ber.."

"how old are you? because you could be twenty something but you could also be a teenager, you know you have one of those faces."

"oh my god." irina said, face palming.

"and i can't eve- you don't smell rot- he doesn't smell rotten." trina said, turning to me.

"u-um.."

"trina, shut up. he didn't come here for an interview, stop!" she sighed and sat next to me. "why did you come here, lu?"

"to sh-ow every-one.."

"show them what?"

"th-at we can cha-nge."

irina sighed. "lu, no one here is ever gonna buy that. not that we can even get you close enough to tell them. as soon as they saw your face, they would blow your head to bits."

i looked at trina and she nodded.

"wait a minute. did you say we?"

"yes. lo-ts of us, chang-ing. dr-dream-ing."

"that's kind of a big deal."

"we-we ha-ve to move, fa-st."

"what do you mean?"

"bonies. chas-ing me. no, ch-chasing us."

"okay, we have to go to my dad."

"okay, that is a very bad idea." trina said.

"no, trina, he was a reasonable guy once."

"n-no, i think you're confused. it was your mom, that was the reasonable one. it was your dad that grounded you for a year for stealing peaches. it's your dad that likes to.. shoot corpses in the head."

"what other choice do we have, trina?" i looked at lu and sighed. "we still have to get her through the city. someone would definitely see her."

"not much ti-me."

"we could fix her up."

"what?"

"i have some makeup that i was saving for a special occasion that obviously isn't gonna happen."

"yeah! yeah, we could. i mean, we could put on a little bit of foundation, maybe a little blush, probably a lot of blush."

"no way."

"yeah way." irina said, smiling.

my blazer was now off leaving me in a white button up shirt as i sat in a vanity while irina put foundation on a beauty blender. trina was playing music.

"would you change this song, please?" irina sassed.

"what, it's funny!"

irina smiled and turned to me, "no it's not."

trina laughed. "fine." and changed the song.

the water droplets came out of the shower head, as i stood there, naked, and feeling exposed.

i hadn't undressed in a very long time.

the warm water ran down my body in streams as i took this time to examine my own body.

there was bullet wound on the right side of my chest from when harvey shot me.

discolored and very pale skin with veins that were obviously very visible.

i stood there for a while, feeling self conscious; not liking the bullet wounds, the scars, the veins, all of it.

what snapped me out of my insecure thoughts was trina and irina asking if i was done, i mumbled a 'yes.' and got out.

i was now sitting back at the vanity, my pants and white button up back on as  the two girls put foundation on my face.

trina continued to do my foundation while irina was now fixing my hair.

then, they moved on to blush and mascara.

once it was all done, i stared at myself in the mirror.

my blazer was back on now, seeing as the girls washed it while i was in the shower.

trina and irina walked back into the room and closed the door, making me turn around.

"hold up. you look hot!" trina yelled.

i shyly smiled and walked to them.