CHAPTER TEN

LUCRECIA

me and irina were holding tightly onto each other's hands as we ran as fast as our legs would take us.

we came to a halt when we saw a whole bunch of corpses, but hearing the boney again made us turn around in complete panic mode.

i grabbed her hand tighter as we ran again, down stairs this time.

irina was breathing heavily and i wasn't sure if it was fear, fatigue, or both.

we let go of each other's hands to move faster as we entered a new hallway, still both running incredibly fast. especially for me, seeing as i'm dead.

we entered another hallway, darker than the one before as the boney was hot on our tails.

we entered a room and i slammed the door on the boney, irina hunched over, taking deep breaths.

"this way." i told her as we ran again.

this time, we found ourselves in front of three bonies.

we had nowhere to go, and they were walking towards us when carla came and hit them with a yellow vehicle.

"come with me." carla said quietly.

i quickly got onto the back of the vehicle when irina said "what? no!" making me look at her as she sighed.

"want.. to help her."

"who the hell asked you?"

"i.. like her." carla smirked.

i nodded at carla and turned back to irina. "it's o-kay.."

irina sighed and speed-walked to the seat next to carla. "sure it is."

"over there, the garage." irina told carla, who began driving.

once carla parked, me and irina got off and when she saw her car, she sighed and said "oh, i am so happy to see you right now."

before i could catch up to irina, carla grabbed my arm, making me turn to her with a questioning look on my face.

"you okay?" she asked me.

i nodded and gave her a small smile when i heard irina's shakey voice. "um, lu.."

i turned to see a whole group of corpses coming towards irina.

i furrowed my brows and walked over to her, protectively standing by her.

irina grabbed my hand and i looked at our hands, then back at her, and back at the corpses again.

they were all looking at us in curiosity.

me and irina looked at each other briefly before i looked back at the corpses.

me and irina walked forward, still holding hands.

the corpses separated so that we could walk through to get to irina's car.

"y-ou drive." i said.

"good idea." irina said, walking ahead.

irina got in the drivers seat and started the car while i got into the passenger seat.

we heard more bonies, making irina panic and step on the gas, hurriedly driving away as a boney chased us.

it was wet out as irina drove through a neighborhood in attempt to find a place to stay.

it soon began down-poring and we got all wet, seeing as irina's car had no roof.

irina wiped her face before quickly glancing at me.

i then glanced at her.

irina sighed. "jesus, i'm freezing. i have to pull over. this is one of the last neighborhoods my dad evacuated. maybe these houses have food." she said as we pulled into a house's driveway.

we slammed the doors to the car as we got out and walked up to the house.

"okay, come on." irina said as we walked up the stairs of the house. "oh man, it's locked."